~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Lucy Lawless got really into the study of philosophy several years ago and has appeared as a guest quite a few times on the Partially Examined Life philosophy podcast.

Interesting. I'm listening to the history of philosophy without any gaps right now off and on. I might have to check that one out later. Good for Lucy.

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
53b4ec10-568f-11eb-bbb5-99a5076fb9f1
NEWS.YAHOO.COM

U.S. law enforcement is investigating whether a bitcoin transfer to right-wing organizations and personalities was linked to the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol.

Fake news. Bitcoin can't be traced because of math and is the obvious superior future of currency where bankruptcy is a whole bad password manager away.

• Haha 4

Screen-Shot-2021-01-14-at-10.40.20-PM-12
WWW.MEDIAITE.COM

CNN's Chris Cuomo had a truly bizarre interview with the attorney for the "QAnon Shaman," arrested for his alleged participation in the Capitol riots.

“In 1978 a whole bunch of people in San Francisco followed a guy by the name of Jim Jones down to Jonestown, Guyana –” Watkins began, referring to the cult leader who orchestrated the murder-suicide of over 900 people using cyanide-laced fruit drink mix.

“It was a cult!” Cuomo interjected.

“That’s right. And you know the only thing different here, there’s no Kool-Aid,” said Watkins.

27 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

It could have been so much worse. That hasn't really sunk in. We could have seen live televised assassinations. 

I know.  One thing that was really chilling to me is that, around the same time Trump tweeted out about how Pence was being weak, his supporters were chanting "hang Mike Pence".  

I hope this evidence is presented at the trial.  That should be pretty easy because the Democrats will control the Senate. 

One thing that haunts me is the photo of the officers pointing their guns at the door. In the grand scheme of things these jamokes and dweebs didn’t do nearly as much damage as they could have, but before that became apparent that photo was the first thing I saw, and it hits home how close we came. 

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

There is a massive intersection of conservative gun ownership, cultural grievance, fear of changing demographics, predisposition to authoritarian leaders, lack of respect for federal government, disinformation about election integrity, consumption social media and their right-wing media lies.

I think we often look at these as separate issues i.e. gun violence when there is a mass shooting, or social media's role in cracking down on disinformation. But these aren't separate issues, or a Venn diagram. They are a perfect circle.

I think the biggest challenge here is talking about these issues without making it "partisan." But avoiding Republicans propensity to all these different issues misses the point. It *is* the point. And I fear we won't know how to talk about it until something dire and irreversible happens in our country.

It's no wonder the majority of republicans don't give a shit. 

All Fox News is talking about is the left wing reaction to what happened and how the republicans should react to their reaction.

They don't actually talk about or show what happened. They've just moved on as if what happened was just another week in American politics.

4 minutes ago, ort said:

It's no wonder the majority of republicans don't give a shit. 

All Fox News is talking about is the left wing reaction to what happened and how the republicans should react to their reaction.

They don't actually talk about or show what happened. They've just moved on as if what happened was just another week in American politics.

Fox News is the op-ed section of WSJ or Politico.