~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

Still waiting for all those 2A stanning, well-regulated militias to volunteer and help ensure the peaceful transition of power, or for groups like the NRA to condemn an armed, seditious mob threatening the lives of elected representatives and the disruption of constitutional process.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to ~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~
13 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

I think there's a decent chance she resigns before her term ends and decides it's an easier grift to style herself as like "The Cancelled Congresswoman" and get a Newsmax TV show or something

it took them that long to realize this bitch crazy and got out while they still can

I just read that LA Times article on it being our "Beer Hall Putsch" and I totally agree. I've been saying for awhile that I don't underestimate the cult anymore because these fuckers are everywhere. Seemingly normal people in positions of power have been radicalized by the human centipede of right wing media and online sources. It goes back to what I said that Biden needs to do a full court press to root this shit out.

- Bring back the fairness doctrine

- Hold "opinion pundits" accountable for blatant lies

- Regulate social media companies into aggressively going after misinformation

- Audit every person with a security clearance with emphasis with looking at their online activity. 

- Set up a FBI task force specifically for rooting out white supremacy in law enforcement and the military. Also emphasize looking at online activity.

This disease needs to be stomped out. 

15 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I just read that LA Times article on it being our "Beer Hall Putsch" and I totally agree. I've been saying for awhile that I don't underestimate the cult anymore because these fuckers are everywhere. Seemingly normal people in positions of power have been radicalized by the human centipede of right wing media and online sources. It goes back to what I said that Biden needs to do a full court press to root this shit out.

- Bring back the fairness doctrine

- Hold "opinion pundits" accountable for blatant lies

- Regulate social media companies into aggressively going after misinformation

- Audit every person with a security clearance with emphasis with looking at their online activity. 

- Set up a FBI task force specifically for rooting out white supremacy in law enforcement and the military. Also emphasize looking at online activity.

This disease needs to be stomped out. 

Also:

Eradicate covid and get the economy back on track.

Social research shows that when people are more anxious they are more likely to be accepting of ideas that do not confirm their biases, and are more open to conspiracies and the like. In conjunction with rooting out all the shit like you suggest this would make a big difference. 

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Also:

Eradicate covid and get the economy back on track.

Social research shows that when people are more anxious they are more likely to be accepting of ideas that do not confirm their biases, and are more open to conspiracies and the like. In conjunction with rooting out all the shit like you suggest this would make a big difference. 

Yes I do believe there is a direct relationship between COVID the civil unrest this country has had over the past year. It wouldn't surprise me if it also accelerated the spread of right wing extremism. Having too much time on your hands + stress can be a potent mix.

The problem though is once it is in place it is unlikely to go away very easily.

2 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Yes I do believe there is a direct relationship between COVID the civil unrest this country has had over the past year. It wouldn't surprise me if it also accelerated the spread of right wing extremism. Having too much time on your hands + stress can be a potent mix.

The problem though is once it is in place it is unlikely to go away very easily.

It is such a long term problem to deprogram people from this right wing bullshit. And unfortunately, for us, it requires the powers that be to reign in on social media companies

30 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

Lol when his excuse for treason was that people in Missouri cares about what Pennsylvania did with their state laws and they were like "nah fam we don't give a fuck about them"

I'm in Missouri, and we fucking hate this man. Fuck Josh Hawley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Air_Delivery said:

I was listening to an NPR story where they found a subreddit of QAnon stories, people whose family members went off the deep end. One of the constants was the lockdown because they had so much time on their hands.

UNIDENTIFIED PERSON: You know, she slowly crept into it during the Trump administration, but especially with lockdown.

CORNISH: Their parents stuck at home with a lot of time on their hands, Web surfing deeper into QAnon specifically.

TYLER: He gets home from work, and he puts his earbuds in, and he watches these videos on his iPad until it's time to go to bed.

UNIDENTIFIED PERSON: She's spending 16 to 18 hours a day consuming this.

CORNISH: And the result of all this is a detachment from the facts.

ANNIE: It just very quickly became clear that she, like, did not think that Joe Biden won the election.

This also matches the kind of anger from previously nice people that I've witnessed:

TYLER: When Joe Biden was confirmed president, I texted him. And I was intending to be good-natured, but I texted him, you're not going to be a little crybaby snowflake, are you? (Laughter) And he just texted me back [expletive] off. And, like, he's never said that to me before.

I feel like I had an argument with @Alpha1Cowboy about how the craziness was always there, while he said it's skyrocketed. I take back what I said as I've seen one too many previously normal conservatives go batshit crazy since QAnon became a thing.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I was listening to an NPR story where they found a subreddit of QAnon stories, people whose family members went off the deep end. One of the constants was the lockdown because they had so much time on their hands.

Yeah I was listening to a podcast today and one story was there was a normal seeming woman who got cought up in this because she quit her job to take care of her parents who had Alzheimer's. Once they were napping or sleeping there wasn't much else she did but fell into the rabbit hole of Q shit.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yeah I was listening to a podcast today and one story was there was a normal seeming woman who got cought up in this because she quit her job to take care of her parents who had Alzheimer's. Once they were napping or sleeping there wasn't much else she did but fell into the rabbit hole of Q shit.

Why can’t people be normal and just watch ASMR videos?

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Yeah, but then theres thousands who watch it and realize they are idiots only worth laughing at. You need to be weak between the ears to believe this shit.

The problem is decades of right wing propaganda telling people that only the right knows whats best and literally everyone is out to get you.  "They're coming to take your guns"  "They want to kill your grandma and all your babies!" "TERROR BABIES!".  Doesn't take much to go from MSM is leftwing biased, to this guy Q on the internet says the deepstate is filled with demonrats!

19 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

The problem is decades of right wing propaganda telling people that only the right knows whats best and literally everyone is out to get you.  "They're coming to take your guns"  "They want to kill your grandma and all your babies!" "TERROR BABIES!".  Doesn't take much to go from MSM is leftwing biased, to this guy Q on the internet says the deepstate is filled with demonrats!

Yeah, we've been primed for years from all the mainstream hate thrown at Democrats. How many conservatives were triggered in 2008? I didn't follow politics at all back then, yet even I heard of the "Thanks, Obama" meme.