~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

3 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

So... odds of foreign enemy agitators lighting the powder keg?

hell just invade already, nobody is minding the store and we are at our most vulnerable, probably ever... the chain of command is chaotic and unclear

0%. Only because negative odds don't exist. 

6 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Biden should absolutely NOT hold a public swearing in ceremony.  Do it in the basement of the Supreme Court with the Chief Justice and few witnesses.  

He should also tell all of his supporters who had plans on coming to watch the inauguration to stay home. 

Who said it earlier? Just swear him in up in the air. Don't give protestors a building to march around.

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

so once again it's crystal clear that these people had all the tools they needed to protect the capitol, they just didn't for whatever reason.

There is so much crap to sift through... the nation knows what 5% of how bad, deep, and out of control it all is

Its such a weird Dichotomy..

-the Dems filing paperwork to give Trump a speeding ticket while GOP reminds them to seek unity..

meanwhile.... Trump GOP getting word out to their minions to prep for war... 

meanwhile it has become murky exactly who in government is in reality a Hydra agent plotting behind everyones back

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I'm sure it was just one of dozens of intelligence threats they're being fed daily. They just failed to take this one seriously.

Anyone who has been on ParlerWatch knew this violence was coming. I wasn't expecting them to be able to breach the capitol building though because I assumed they would prepare for the obvious.

8 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I'm sure it was just one of dozens of intelligence threats they're being fed daily. They just failed to take this one seriously.

I think in most instances this is the case. Like if the FBI had to tear apart the life of every dude they got a call about who seemed like he was a terrorist they'd be chasing down so many false leads that they'd be useless.

But, this one seemed so big and openly planned you kind of scratch your head. Maybe they thought they'd just show up and be annoying like they have everywhere else. I don't know.

The "intelligence" failure here isn't hard to understand. The people in charge figured "these are our people, so no need to worry."

If you had the same level of warning from the FBI and open online planning from people protesting against the President, the National Guard would have been there in force. I don't even mean if it was specifically BLM or Antifa, just any ol group that isn't pro Trump.

50 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Biden should absolutely NOT hold a public swearing in ceremony.  Do it in the basement of the Supreme Court with the Chief Justice and few witnesses.  

He should also tell all of his supporters who had plans on coming to watch the inauguration to stay home. 

Biden will be behind multiple layers of bullet proof glass, and more protected than any other president in history. The USA will not let this happen twice. They didn't attack state officials, or a state courthouse, they attempted to overthrow the federal government. There will be a show of force at that event never seen on US soil.

7 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Biden will be behind multiple layers of bullet proof glass, and more protected than any other president in history. The USA will not let this happen twice. They didn't attack state officials, or a state courthouse, they attempted to overthrow the federal government. There will be a show of force at that event never seen on US soil.

In a past life I did some creative writing collaboration that covered some potential uprisings in a near-future scenario. 

The scenario I went with for the opposition group to get rid of a troublesome politician was taking a quadcopter drone, loading it with plastic explosive, and flying it OVER the crowd and the bullet proof glass, only to detonate in the politician's face. 

I do not know if the federal authorities are equipped for passive counter-drone efforts. But they should be. Because this shit has been proven to be effective in war zones. 

6 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I think part of what aided this last effort was that no one in government actually thought they'd be *that* bold as to storm the capitol.

You only get one chance to be surprising! But like cayce indicated above is that there's probably a lot of ways in which the USG may not be prepared to handle asymmetric attacks

1 hour ago, TwinIon said:

The "intelligence" failure here isn't hard to understand. The people in charge figured "these are our people, so no need to worry."

If you had the same level of warning from the FBI and open online planning from people protesting against the President, the National Guard would have been there in force. I don't even mean if it was specifically BLM or Antifa, just any ol group that isn't pro Trump.

yeah, but isn’t every anti-Trump group “Antifa”?

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

In a past life I did some creative writing collaboration that covered some potential uprisings in a near-future scenario. 

The scenario I went with for the opposition group to get rid of a troublesome politician was taking a quadcopter drone, loading it with plastic explosive, and flying it OVER the crowd and the bullet proof glass, only to detonate in the politician's face. 

I do not know if the federal authorities are equipped for passive counter-drone efforts. But they should be. Because this shit has been proven to be effective in war zones. 

I think airports are starting to deploy drone catching drones.  After last week I imagine they're breaking out all the toys next week.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
fill-1200x650
GOTHAMIST.COM

In one video shared with Gothamist, federal agents can be seen leaving the suspect's basement apartment holding a walking stick and animal skins.

this dude is a Jew walking next to a dude carrying the Confederate Flag. Unreal. 

1 minute ago, atom631 said:

this dude is a Jew walking next to a dude carrying the Confederate Flag. Unreal. 

The alt right is welcoming of many groups that are currently or in the past would have been considered non white--eastern europeans, italians, jews, etc. Simply because they want their numbers larger to go against blacks and latinos.