~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

1 hour ago, Uaarkson said:

Good thread.

That was a great read thanks.....That our crazy melting pot has lasted and “succeeded” for so long was in itself and achievement... It helps that for all the talk of equality there has always been a clear group atop the pyramid, once that caste started feeling that their influence/power was diminished they were of course going to lash out to preserve what they had.

Thats why Make America Great Again was such an effective phrase... its aggressive and not so much a motto as its a call to arms..

Damn shame nobody ever pestered candidate cheetoh to say specifically when that greatness was... irregardless he would have still become president his brand was well cultivated over the years

10 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

That was a great read thanks.....That our crazy melting pot has lasted and “succeeded” for so long was in itself and achievement... It helps that for all the talk of equality there has always been a clear group atop the pyramid, once that caste started feeling that their influence/power was diminished they were of course going to lash out to preserve what they had.

Thats why Make America Great Again was such an effective phrase... its aggressive and not so much a motto as its a call to arms..

Damn shame nobody ever pestered candidate cheetoh to say specifically when that greatness was... irregardless he would have still become president his brand was well cultivated over the years

3 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I guess this goes here?

4956.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

US Fish and Wildlife Service appeals for public’s help after mutilated aquatic mammal spotted at spring in Florida

Really? I hope whoever did that posted it on Facebook or TikTok or whatever and gets caught because of it.

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Susan, the Iranians would have actually succeeded, you dolt!

Seriously this coup was embarrassing on multiple fronts. Africans, Latin Americans, Asians or hell even French rebels would have been skilled, committed and organized instead of wander around aimlessly like a dog that just caught a car.

The fact that these Gravy Seals almost succeeded....no country should ever listen to us again on security planning. We are below third world tier.

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Probably deserves its own thread, but fits this one:

Fuck.

This is extremely concerning for my state given my gov is Gretchen Whitmer whose already one of the most hated Democrats by the far right.  Especially as our piece of shit GOP voted down the banning of guns in the capital. 

Just now, Brick said:

Regarding the woman that was shot, I don't want to sound like I'm defending her, but she was unarmed, right? Aren't we usually a bit more upset when cops shoot someone who's unarmed? 

When a person is crawling through a window that was just broken moments earlier, how would the guards know that?  

Just now, Brick said:

Regarding the woman that was shot, I don't want to sound like I'm defending her, but she was unarmed, right? Aren't we usually a bit more upset when cops shoot someone who's unarmed? 

Ummm she was BREAKING INTO THE CAPITAL DURING AN INSURRECTION. She was LITERALLY breaking down the door and ignored a bunch of warnings to stop. IMAGINE if those protestors were doing the same thing but were BLACK. It would have been a goddamned massacre.

1 minute ago, Air_Delivery said:

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.pn

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewscripps.brightspotc
WWW.THEDENVERCHANNEL.COM

Rep. Ryan said that one of the officers suspended was seen taking a selfie with protesters, another was seen putting on a “Make America Great Again” hat, which is President Donald Trump’s campaign slogan.

Just now, Brick said:

There was a Tweet posted on this board articulating that we are not saying shoot these people like you shoot black protesters. We are saying don't shoot black protesters.

And I actually agree with that sentiment more than some liberals that were cheering on the violence.

That said, if there were any time when this force was justified it was storming the capital building.

My understanding, and I may be wrong, but the reason the guards drew a hard line compared to other situations where they were overrun is because there were still Reps in the room when these people were breaking in.