~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

We know that the threat of white supremacist terrorism has been increasing the past few years. We also know that this Justice Department has done nothing about it. How many are members of law enforcement? How many are FBI agents? How many work for Homeland Security? And how many are Secret Service agents? I worry about Inauguration Day.

Just now, thewhyteboar said:

We know that the threat of white supremacist terrorism has been increasing the past few years. We also know that this Justice Department has done nothing about it. How many are members of law enforcement? How many are FBI agents? How many work for Homeland Security? And how many are Secret Service agents? I worry about Inauguration Day.

Only use black Secret Service agents (and Indigenous). Problem solved.

13 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

One last comment on the woman getting shot... let's not view this in a vacuum. Those Cops guarding that door were LITERALLY the last line of defense between that Mob and getting to Congress Members. All of the other tactics discussed in @Brick's lengthy post (Baton, Pepper Spray, etc.) had been deployed and FAILED at that point. The Rioters had beaten several cops, KILLING one and non-lethal force was STILL being deployed. Again... it's a wonder, and a egregious security failure to be honest, that shots had NOT been fired when we know Cops have deployed lethal force in FAR less serious situations and justifiable encounters. To question whther or not THIS shooting was justified strains credulity.

Not only that but there's a huge difference to me between what is essentially a very dumb 'suicide by cop' scenario and someone running away getting shot in the back after a traffic stop. 

I don't disagree with one of Brick's angles that I read as 'nobody should ever get shot to death by law enforcement if they could just use other tactics' and I think that makes sense. However, I did watch both videos as well and the other part of me just can't help and feel nothing but contempt for someone actually taking their disgusting superiority complex so far as to think they can storm into an assault rifle defending congress members from your bullshit and actually be talked back down for probably the like the fifth time.  

I don't want to see anyone getting shot but I mean...if anyone ever had it coming, this Nuclear Karen-ing idiocy was it. It's like the most extreme case of 'I need to see the manager' ever. 

1813.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Officer identified as Eugene Goodman induced the crowd to chase him toward officers and away from the Senate chambers

Jaime Harrison, an associate chair of the Democratic National Committee, tweeted: “The word hero does not appropriately describe officer Eugene Goodman. His judgment & heroism may have saved our Republic.” Harrison called for Goodman to be considered for the congressional gold medal.

The moment he saved the Senate through quick-thinking: 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

If I was Biden, I would just do the inauguration somewhere private.

5ffd2c5d2600001c6ba503dd.jpeg?cache=1BA1
WWW.HUFFINGTONPOST.CA

One plot includes surrounding the Capitol and murdering Democrats to allow Republicans to take control of the government.

The first is a demonstration billed as the “largest armed protest ever to take place on American soil.” 

Another is a protest in honor of Ashli Babbitt, the woman killed while trying to climb into the Speaker’s Lobby during Wednesday’s pro-Trump siege of the Capitol. 

And another demonstration, which three members said was by far the most concerning plot, would involve insurrectionists forming a perimeter around the Capitol, the White House and the Supreme Court, and then blocking Democrats from entering the Capitol ― perhaps even killing them ― so that Republicans could take control of the government.

The members of Congress whom HuffPost spoke to Monday night were extremely concerned by the call. 

“It was pretty overwhelming,” one member said.

Lawmakers were told that the plot to encircle the Capitol also included plans to surround the White House ― so that no one could harm Trump ― and the Supreme Court, simply to shut down the courts. The plan to surround the Capitol includes assassinating Democrats as well as Republicans who didn’t support Trump’s effort to overturn the election ― and allowing other Republicans to enter the building and control government.

18 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
5ffd2c5d2600001c6ba503dd.jpeg?cache=1BA1
WWW.HUFFINGTONPOST.CA

One plot includes surrounding the Capitol and murdering Democrats to allow Republicans to take control of the government.

do they think that if trump stays in the WH he is still president as of the 20th?

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

There's also the risk of overplaying the threat in DC and underplaying it in state capitols

I dunno; FBI warned all 50 states. I feel they're taking it pretty seriously?

*sigh* I really don't want anything bad to happen. I haven't been this nervous about the state of the country ever, not even after 9/11 when all flights were grounded.

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

I dunno; FBI warned all 50 states. I feel they're taking it pretty seriously?

*sigh* I really don't want anything bad to happen. I haven't been this nervous about the state of the country ever, not even after 9/11 when all flights were grounded.

Me neither. I always have this knot of anxiety in my gut whenever shit goes sideways due to me not being a citizen. Whenever something goes down, I have this immediate 'fuck, is this the one where it's my turn' reaction even if it doesn't have anything to do with the situation at hand.  

One of my conservative Christian and Trump supporting friends shared this, and while I don't like Franklin Graham at all or the "both sides" rhetoric, it was more the fact that she shared it and the gist of the message which made me more comfortable that at least some hardcore Trump supporters don't want anything to happen and want a peaceful transition.

18403433_1504766476246195_88133136106468
WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

The division in our country is as great as any time since the Civil War. I am calling on Christians to unite our hearts together in prayer for President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect...

"The division in our country is as great as any time since the Civil War. I am calling on Christians to unite our hearts together in prayer for President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris, and for the leadership in both parties. Pray that everyone will stop the finger-pointing and realize that both parties bear responsibility for the problems we face today. Pray that they will come together and work together for the good of all of the American people."

I hate this fuck with every ounce of my being. 

210112103246-03-trump-0112-super-tease.j
WWW.CNN.COM

A defiant President Donald Trump insisted Tuesday his speech inciting the riot at the US Capitol was "totally appropriate" while at the same time calling for "no violence" in his first public remarks to reporters after the insurrection last week.

42 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

These pussies aren’t gonna do shit against 10,000 armed National Guard troops.

but will they have the guts to allow an ROE that allows self defense...

I CANT BELIEVE WE ARE WILLING TO THROW AWAY THE ENTIRE COUNTRY OVER A PIECE OF SHIT LIKE TRUMP... will it take a culling of the heard? its not going to end with them having various means of continually spewing their propaganda crap including a whole Tv network...