~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Ummm she was BREAKING INTO THE CAPITAL DURING AN INSURRECTION. She was LITERALLY breaking down the door and ignored a bunch of warnings to stop. IMAGINE if those protestors were doing the same thing but were BLACK. It would have been a goddamned massacre.

And any time someone else who is committing a crime and is shot, we still get upset when the police resort to using their firearm before any other methods. I'm not defending her actions, and I have no doubts about what would happen if this was a BLM protest, but an officer using their firearm should be the last resort. 

1 minute ago, Brick said:

And any time someone else who is committing a crime and is shot, we still get upset when the police resort to using their firearm before any other methods. I'm not defending her actions, and I have no doubts about what would happen if this was a BLM protest, but an officer using their firearm should be the last resort. 

Breaching the Senate with it in session is a last resort. If she gets through, the rest follow.

• Thanks 1

Oh geez I was giving you the benefit of the doubt initially, but this is a really bad take. Watch the video again. The dude was outmanned and they were breaking down the entrance to where the Congressmen were hiding for their lives. What did you want him to do?

3 minutes ago, Brick said:

Have you seen the video of her being shot? It's literally a mob of people pressing up against the last door before the House chamber, and there are two armed officers inside the door. Something has been pressed up against the door, but the mob has smashed the windows on the top half. The officers are shouting for them to stop, but the woman climbs through the window anyway. They shoot, and she falls back.

17 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Trump is literally like the only thing that ties any of these people together.

That article is pretty sad. Yeah, Ashli Babbitt made her bed, but it sounds like the rest of her family and friends weren't really into the whole Qanon thing but just kinda tolerated it from her, and now they have to deal with the consequences of her actions. 

4 minutes ago, Brick said:

They were surrounded and stuck inside the chambers as these animals threatened their lives. There is no world in where this isn't her own fault.

9 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

10-15 are under investigation.

Yup.  It was OBVIOUS there was some collusion going on... the rioters themeslves were SAYING it as it happened that there were at least some police who were on their side. It was clear to anybody who was watching that those Rioters couldn't have gotten as far as they did without being "let in"

7 minutes ago, Brick said:

This ain't that man... Did you WATCH the video? We're talking about the Capitol of the country where the three people next in line after the President were and were being TARGETED by an angry mob and you are really trying to equivocate with a black person getting shot for holding a sandwich? :| You don't think that cop shooting from behind a barricade that was about to be broken down firing his gun wasn't a last resort? Let me ask you this, How many Violent Rioters were shot and killed that day? I'll wait.

Yeah, I don't like saying people deserve to be shot... but she did this to herself. There was a mob of people beating down a door and smashing glass... with two federal officers, literally standing there like 3 feet away, with guns drawn pointed straight at them telling them to back down and this woman gets up on the barricade and starts to go through the window. 100% justified.

She died on bleeding out on the floor wearing a Trump flag around her neck like a cape. It really was a depressing shocking image. I don't know how any of the republican ghouls who are pushing this stop the steal nonsense could see that and not feel completely responsible for her death.

I honestly think Brick just needs to watch the videos a couple more times. I'm not going to lie, a similar thought occurred to me very initially, but after you see the videos, it's entirely indisputable. I still think it's a shame that she died, but if she hadn't been shot, more would have died had they broken down the doors successfully. 

8 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Chuck Schumer wants to use a rarely used senate move to force a trial before Biden’s inauguration but it needs McConnell’s backing too.

God all you libcucks are so ungrateful for these free civics lesson. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SilentWorld said:

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that the cop that shot Ashli Babbitt (along with the other cop that managed to distract other protestors from an open doorway that led to congress) may have literally saved democracy in the USA. 

They saved a bunch of Congress people that's for damn sure... 

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You didn't have to.

And yet you're jumping down my throat and accusing me of doing so, which I don't appreciate. This circumstance of this shooting is different, and I get that, but I always have an issue of police shooting unarmed people, and I'm trying to have an honest discussion here. 

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

Usually when police kill an unarmed person they're running away from them, not jumping through a broken window with a mob behind them toward 1/3 of the governing body of the worlds most powerful nation.  He fired a single shot into a crowded hallway and only hit her, guys a boss.

She wasn't really in the mob at that moment. She was up and away from the rest of the protestors, climbing over furniture and through the smashed in window... The man who shot her was literally like 3 feet from her with a pistol trained right at her and she kept going through that window. I don't know what she expected to happen. Clearly not that, but like, come on. 

And yet you're jumping down my throat and accusing me of doing so, which I don't appreciate. This circumstance of this shooting is different, and I get that, but I always have an issue of police shooting unarmed people, and I'm trying to have an honest discussion here. 

Ok if we're having an "honest discussion" then let's not ignore the overwhelming majority of unarmed shootings that happen in this country with police and pretend its NOT an issue of race. Let's also not pretend that this is an ENTIRELY different circumstance than most of those shootings. This woman was shot as she was breaking into the inner chamber of Congress with an angry mob behind her and you are really playing a slightly veiled version of "whataboutism" here? THAT'S what I'm calling you out on. 

Stop equating a solo unarmed person with a mob.

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, ort said:

She wasn't really in the mob at that moment. She was up and away from the rest of the protestors, climbing over furniture and through the smashed in window... The man who shot her was literally like 3 feet from her with a pistol trained right at her and she kept going through that window. I don't know what she expected to happen. Clearly not that, but like, come on. 

If she got through, they ask would have gotten through

12 minutes ago, Joe said:

I honestly think Brick just needs to watch the videos a couple more times. I'm not going to lie, a similar thought occurred to me very initially, but after you see the videos, it's entirely indisputable. I still think it's a shame that she died, but if she hadn't been shot, more would have died had they broken down the doors successfully. 

I don’t think it’s a shame she died.  I am very, very opposed to state violence.  I think by and large our cops and citizenry should be largely disarmed.  That said when you’re in the vanguard of a literally murderous mob trying to breach further inside to where people are hiding for their lives?  There is no shame at all in the fact that you lost your life.  The fact that you threw away any and all rational thought to follow a conspiracy theory so inept and moronic that it makes brother tempus seem lucid is no excuse.

5 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Probably deserves its own thread, but fits this one:

Fuck.

Let's see if they actually go through with it, or if it's a bunch of online cowards acting tough behind their keyboards.

This time they'll likely be facing the military. They won't get another chance to stroll right into government buildings.

8 minutes ago, Brick said:

Theres no dicussion to be had, these people planned to murder tbe VP an Speaker. 

And @Brick don't think I'm particularly upset with you or think you're a bad person. I've called out friends of mine that I known for decades and think of as brothers like this too. It's a bad take... you may not be fully aware of it but it is and it does nothing but muddy the waters. There was clear right and wrong here. This woman getting shot was not wrong. It was sad and her blood is on Trump's andd his enablers hands too... but that Cop that shot her was doing his duty and I say that without a hint of irony. Again... MY DAD WAS A COP... as critical as I am of them. So was my Grandmother.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LazyPiranha said:

I don’t think it’s a shame she died.  I am very, very opposed to state violence.  I think by and large our cops and citizenry should be largely disarmed.  That said when you’re in the vanguard of a literally murderous mob trying to breach further inside to where people are hiding for their lives?  There is no shame at all in the fact that you lost your life.  The fact that you threw away any and all rational thought to follow a conspiracy theory so inept and moronic that it makes brother tempus seem lucid is no excuse.

This more than anything brings everything into perspective.

I agree that using a firearm should be a measure of last resort for the police.

Based on what I've seen, I think there's a case for that here. I don't know what that officer's options were or exactly what the layout of the Capitol behind him is, but if he felt like this barricade was his last stand, or the last stand to protect congress (or anyone else) from the mob, I think you could justify the use of force here.

It certainly wasn't a case where the worst case scenario is a suspect gets away or some kind of snap decision by an unprepared officer.

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Ok if we're having an "honest discussion" then let's not ignore the overwhelming majority of unarmed shootings that happen in this country with police and pretend its NOT an issue of race. Let's also not pretend that this is an ENTIRELY different circumstance than most of those shootings. This woman was shot as she was breaking into the inner chamber of Congress with an angry mob behind her and you are really playing a slightly veiled version of "whataboutism" here? THAT'S what I'm calling you out on. 

I'm NOT pretending those shootings aren't a matter of race. Don't put words in my mouth.