Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

One of the strangest things about the human condition is the concept of "momentum" in any battle. If a sports team A is up 40 points but then team B scores 35 unanswered points in a row, it is more likely that team B will win, even though team A is still ahead. Why? Because the idea of momentum changes how people act, and causes them to tilt, or become even better. 

The same is true of politics. When one side starts to get a runaway lead, more people tend to pile on and increase the lead further. Why? Maybe people want to be on the winning team? It happens all the time. I feel like Biden has reached that point, and the American consciousness has decided that he is the winner already.

During the primary, a person at work said she wanted to vote for the democrat that she thought was going to win. Not who she actually preferred. 

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It's over.

Always a comedy watching Republicans get pissed off when Tent Reznor makes a political statement when the music they claim to love is packed to the brim with lyrics that oppose the conservative ideology.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vaxick said:

Always a comedy watching Republicans get pissed off when Tent Reznor makes a political statement when the music they claim to love is packed to the brim with lyrics that oppose the conservative ideology.  

Like how they keep trying to use "Born in the USA" at their rallies without any hint of irony?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Joe said:

Agreed with this. Still pretty fucked though.

What do you think is the point of all the disenfranchisement SCOTUS is allowing? Instead of blatantly overruling the vote count all at once, they're taking the quieter approach of keeping votes from being counted in the first place.

52 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Like how they keep trying to use "Born in the USA" at their rallies without any hint of irony?

39 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

And "Fortunate Son."

A lot of boomers started off as "anti-establishment" in their teenage years and still think of themselves as that, despite growing more and more conservative as they get older, and not to mention more susceptible to influence campaigns from domestic extremist groups as well as foreign countries through Facebook.

As you get older, you aren't as mentally agile, you're more comfortable with the status quo. These people aren't interested in thinking outside the box anymore, assuming instead that they already are.

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

A lot of boomers started off as "anti-establishment" in their teenage years and still think of themselves as that, despite growing more and more conservative as they get older, and not to mention more susceptible to influence campaigns from domestic extremist groups as well as foreign countries through Facebook.

As you get older, you aren't as mentally agile, you're more comfortable with the status quo. These people aren't interested in thinking outside the box anymore, assuming instead that they already are.

Basically the age old tale of 60's hippies becoming the 80's yuppies.

Like you say, they've gotten even worse with age. I am sure they see their eager acceptance of conspiracy theories as "anti-establishment". 

24 minutes ago, Joe said:

Agreed with this. Still pretty fucked though.

Anyone else hear ominous music when Nate starts editorializing?

I mean, I mostly agree with him but I think there is a good amount of wiggle room between those two perceptions. "Clearly lost" is doing a lot of work in that equation.

1 minute ago, vaxick said:
EU-POLLS-1028-16x9-1.png?w=575
FIVETHIRTYEIGHT.COM

After a surprisingly sluggish weekend for polling, the floodgates have opened, with a mix of high-quality polls, low-quality polls and pretty much everything in…

"Little sign", not "no sign"....

tenor.gif?itemid=11098164

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

:lol:

Tucker's sole goal is to scare boomers from his scary brown people moving into your suburban neighborhood shit to this.  Every company I've worked for uses secure email to send documents or that Citrix file send thing, if it's good enough for HIPAA compliance it's good enough for Steele Dossier 2.0

2 hours ago, vaxick said:

It’s like people being surprised that Tom Morello is being vocal against the GOP.

I looked into voting early, but my polling station is almost literally in my backyard, so I’m just going to roll over there first thing Tuesday morning. I’m guessing there won’t be much of a line when they open at 6:30am. I mean, it’s only Election Day, not anything exciting like Black Friday.