Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

58 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

This IS the problem. The GOP has made it harder to vote, they’ve made it harder for votes to be counted, and they’re actively and openly making it so that anything within a recall margin is fucked. It’s never been about SCOTUS waving its magic wand and dubbing Trump the victor out of the ether, it’s the three pronged approach that means that for Democrats to win the general election they need to carry significantly more water.

Assuming for a moment that Biden coasts beyond the point where his victory is in question, the SCOTUS balance likely isn’t changing meaningfully in the next 4 years and unless the Senate flips too, presidential elections are going to be like this for the foreseeable future.

I don't disagree with anything you said! But some people seem to think the latter is a definitely reality for the election is all.

It is what it is.

3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Hackers stole $2.3 million from the Wisconsin Republican Party's account that was being used to help reelect President Donald Trump in the key battleground state, the party's...

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, SlipperySlope said:
header-john-leguizamo.jpg
REMEZCLA.COM

While on 'Real Time with Bill Maher,' the actor went on to share that "Latin people for Republicans are like roaches for Raid."

Single or dual issue, religious voters. They'll vote for whoever says they'll do something about gay marriage and abortion.

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

It is what it is.

3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Hackers stole $2.3 million from the Wisconsin Republican Party's account that was being used to help reelect President Donald Trump in the key battleground state, the party's...

:dab2:

5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

It is what it is.

3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

How do they steal money from an account? Are they keeping it in Bitcoin or something? Seems a bit strange. 

45 minutes ago, Joe said:

I don't disagree with anything you said! But some people seem to think the latter is a definitely reality for the election is all.

Who ITT said it’s a definite?

Why should we not be concerned of what the GOP and Trump are actively trying to do this election? *this is a genuine question*

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Damn Reagan was a beast in 84.  

800px-ElectoralCollege1984.svg.png

Minnesota was so close to voting Republican, too. 0.18% for Mondale.

Back then, Minnesota was far less of a swing state. It's been pretty swingy since 2000, though Obama won it easily both times.

30 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Who ITT said it’s a definite?

Why should we not be concerned of what the GOP and Trump are actively trying to do this election? *this is a genuine question*

Because it just seems highly improbable given the polling numbers.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

To the extent that you think Biden is going to lose?

The whole point is we don't know enough to be confident either way, and SCOTUS is clearly trying to nudge things toward them being able to stop a recount, or something like that. I'm in on not understanding why you're completely unworried about what SCOTUS is clearly trying to do. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

The whole point is we don't know enough to be confident either way, and SCOTUS is clearly trying to nudge things toward them being able to stop a recount, or something like that. I'm in on not understanding why you're completely unworried about what SCOTUS is clearly trying to do. 

I'm somewhat worried, but I'm worried about the former and not the latter (regarding Nate's tweet). This is only going to be bad if the election is close, and right now it's not close.

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I wouldn't at all be surprised if a movement grows on the right to officially change the American flag.

I can already hear the arguments,

"Liberals are the ones tearing down our history, redefining marriage, and changing everything that makes America great. As long as they insist on change, let's make it a good one."

"Why wouldn't you support the new flag unless you hate cops?"

"Maybe those two officers wouldn't have died in the line of duty if we paid more respect to their sacrifice."

2 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I wouldn't at all be surprised if a movement grows on the right to officially change the American flag.

I can already hear the arguments,

"Liberals are the ones tearing down our history, redefining marriage, and changing everything that makes America great. As long as they insist on change, let's make it a good one."

"Why wouldn't you support the new flag unless you hate cops?"

"Maybe those two officers wouldn't have died in the line of duty if we paid more respect to their sacrifice."

"You libs want to burn the flag anyway"