Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

The sad thing about my dad is that he came to the US with literally nothing and became a relatively wealthy business owner with multiple restaurants. He's convinced that if he can do it, anyone can, despite my strongest pleadings to convince him otherwise.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

The sad thing about my dad is that he came to the US with literally nothing and became a relatively wealthy business owner with multiple restaurants. He's convinced that if he can do it, anyone can, despite my strongest pleadings to convince him otherwise.

Tell your dad to check his white privilege. 

41 minutes ago, Joe said:

Hey now, my dad is an amazing man, but he has a 6th grade education and thinks OANN is amazing. 

This is why I want to move on from Trump as soon as possible. It makes me incredibly sad to see my Dad in particular fall for all the non-sense. He's a genuinely good guy, will do anything for anybody. 

My mom on the other hand has the most consistent political views of anybody I've ever known. She wants conservative courts, that's it, doesn't care about anything but that. Trump is just a means to an end for her. She's a bad person, like me :lol:

My dad is an old school Italian who shockingly didn’t buy into Trump’s bullshit like the rest of his buddies did. 

But like, my dad is insanely racist and was pissed Biden picked Harris as his running mate. But then, he also loves Bernie, so he’s an odd bird.

2 hours ago, osxmatt said:

I'm not sure if anyone else is an Ezra Klein fan, but his latest episode with Nate Silver just posted this morning and it's excellent.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0uFN6WwrxS14FTdJhZT-
PODCASTS.GOOGLE.COM

As you may have heard, there's a pretty important election coming up. That means it's time to bring back the one and only Nate Silver.  Silver, the founder and editor-in-chief of FiveThirtyEight, boasts one of the best election forecasting records of any analyst in the last 15 years...

2020 is not the same as 2016.

Nate is just so good with numbers:clap:

Spoiler

I'm just being an ass, I downloaded it and it's on deck.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This is why I want to move on from Trump as soon as possible. It makes me incredibly sad to see my Dad in particular fall for all the non-sense. He's a genuinely good guy, will do anything for anybody. 

My mom on the other hand has the most consistent political views of anybody I've ever known. She wants conservative courts, that's it, doesn't care about anything but that. Trump is just a means to an end for her. She's a bad person, like me :lol:

It sucks, right? Just saying "my dad is going to be a Trump voter" makes him seem like such a POS when in fact he is truly one of the most wonderful people ever who has helped countless others. 

Later, gator.

OQADUASK2BDCRHNDGVVKBXTILE.jpg
WWW.NEWS4JAX.COM

.A local judge who was head of a vote-counting board in a north Florida county has signs supporting President Donald Trump in his front yard.

"A local judge who was the head of a vote-counting board in Duval County has resigned from his position on the board after it was discovered that he has signs supporting President Donald Trump in his front yard and has donated to the president’s re-election campaign. This is in possible violation of rules that require people in his job to refrain from showing political partisanship."

Just now, Joe said:

It sucks, right? Just saying "my dad is going to be a Trump voter" makes him seem like such a POS when in fact he is truly one of the most wonderful people ever who has helped countless others. 

It's why I've been cyber bullying my dad to try and get him off Facebook. It worked for a couple of weeks, but he broke his silence yesterday...

We need to make the Republican party look inward and think to itself maybe we got some of this wrong. That won't happen with a narrow victory. The only way to do that is to have a monumental landslide of epic proportions.   I want to see Texas, Georgia, and Arizona all blue to send the GOP a strong message that Trump fucked the party over. The GOP needs to lose bad in Congress down to state and local elections. Texas going blue is the optimal outcome right now. There would be a lot of people coming into where I work scratching their heads since their prepared speech about California and New York ruining the country would be shattered. Texas going blue would mean that Trumpism is a failed strategy. It still wouldn't stop it completely, but it would fracture the GOP at a minimum. I did my part and I am hopeful with the record turnout that this happens.

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

As Socrates and many others thought, evil is a consequence of ignorance. 

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It's why I've been cyber bullying my dad to try and get him off Facebook. It worked for a couple of weeks, but he broke his silence yesterday...

Oh my! My dad has a tremendous fear of technology (he got an Iphone like 2 years ago and still can't text), so I am thankful I do not have to see him on social media. 

My dad is completely off the rails, conservative talk radio all the time in the car, says crazy shit in fights with his friends on facebook, last time i engaged with him in politics was 2018 where i told him the GOP was about to lose the house in a blowout, and he was adamant they were going to pick up seats.  My mom is just completely out there politically, thinks everyone should have healthcare, thinks Trump is great, while is going to vote for Brindisi, but ultimately couldn't tell you where either is on policies.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

We need to make the Republican party look inward and think to itself maybe we got some of this wrong. That won't happen with a narrow victory. The only way to do that is to have a monumental landslide of epic proportions.   I want to see Texas, Georgia, and Arizona all blue to send the GOP a strong message that Trump fucked the party over. The GOP needs to lose bad in Congress down to state and local elections. Texas going blue is the optimal outcome right now. There would be a lot of people coming into where I work scratching their heads since their prepared speech about California and New York ruining the country would be shattered. Texas going blue would mean that Trumpism is a failed strategy. It still wouldn't stop it completely, but it would fracture the GOP at a minimum. I did my part and I am hopeful with the record turnout that this happens.

Nah, what's going to happen is that, even if Biden wins in a landslide, the GOP will triple down and feel like Trump wasn't conservative enough.

1 minute ago, marioandsonic said:

Nah, what's going to happen is that, even if Biden wins in a landslide, the GOP will triple down and feel like Trump wasn't conservative enough.

The GOP is going to continue to do what works for as long as it works. This is one of the few times where I think BoTh SiDeS-ism is appropriate; both major political parties are slow to steer, which is why you have Graham, McConnell, Schumer, and Pelosi playing their greatest hits all the time. It’s frustrating but it’s also hard to convince someone with a decades long, successful career that they’re out of touch.

Even if Trump gets waxed on the electoral vote, even if no swing states are close enough to litigate, I don’t think Trumpism is going away within the next election cycle. There’s an appetite for this brand of fuckery, plenty of people benefit financially from this madness, and the courts are going to be set to favor the GOP for the foreseeable future. Biden running the table is one thing, it’s going to be incredibly difficult to sustain that momentum from election to election. This all assumes that Biden wins in a landslide, too, which is not a foregone conclusion.