Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, Chris- said:

Article says this afternoon. 

Fuck them for waiting this long, honestly. A week before the election after 70 million people have already voted?

For sure! But imagine if they waited a day after the election? Words wouldn't even be able to describe how infuriating that would be.

If Trump manages to win we will have very little to be happy about come next Wednesday.

But at least it would be satisfying to see Trump kick off his second term tour of extrajudicial executions with this profile in cowardice.

I generally never get amused at Trump's craziness. It always just depresses and angers me. But I have to admit it will be fun to see him lose his absolute shit over whoever this douchbag is.

10 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

If Trump manages to win we will have very little to be happy about come next Wednesday.

But at least it would be satisfying to see Trump kick off his second term tour of extrajudicial executions with this profile in cowardice.

I generally never get amused at Trump's craziness. It always just depresses and angers me. But I have to admit it will be fun to see him lose his absolute shit over whoever this douchbag is.

Will we even know the results by next Wednesday with so many mail in ballots? 

Just now, PaladinSolo said:

CNN has spoken.

Has anyone ever connected Trump's uncanny hold on that 42% with 42 being the meaning of life?

Yet more proof that the beings running the simulation that houses our reality decided in '16 to say, "Fuck it, let's see how much we can get away with before they realize they're in the Matrix"?

One of the strangest things about the human condition is the concept of "momentum" in any battle. If a sports team A is up 40 points but then team B scores 35 unanswered points in a row, it is more likely that team B will win, even though team A is still ahead. Why? Because the idea of momentum changes how people act, and causes them to tilt, or become even better. 

The same is true of politics. When one side starts to get a runaway lead, more people tend to pile on and increase the lead further. Why? Maybe people want to be on the winning team? It happens all the time. I feel like Biden has reached that point, and the American consciousness has decided that he is the winner already.

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

One of the strangest things about the human condition is the concept of "momentum" in any battle. If a sports team A is up 40 points but then team B scores 35 unanswered points in a row, it is more likely that team B will win, even though team A is still ahead. Why? Because the idea of momentum changes how people act, and causes them to tilt, or become even better. 

The same is true of politics. When one side starts to get a runaway lead, more people tend to pile on and increase the lead further. Why? Maybe people want to be on the winning team? It happens all the time. I feel like Biden has reached that point, and the American consciousness has decided that he is the winner already.

This is the only explanation for why pollsters like Rasmussen and Trafalgar exist, they're like broadcasters saying "Well if they score here, get the onside kick then, score again, then score on the onside kick and go for two it'll be a game!"

Going in, President Donald Trump's three nominees to the bench could be crucial and it could play out in North Carolina, a key battleground state with a Republican-led legislature and a Democratic governor.

Tuesday, lawyers for the GOP legislators asked the Supreme Court to step in and block a nine-day ballot extension deadline while appeals play out. They are targeting a state court decision that adopted a consent decree agreed to by the state board of elections as a part of a legal settlement. Already, the legislators had asked the Supreme Court to block a federal court opinion upholding the same decree. That petition is pending.

In both cases, the Republicans want the Supreme Court to reinstate a deadline passed by the state legislature that allowed ballots to be received three days after the election if they are postmarked by election day.

17 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

13 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

This is why they were rushing to confirm her. If Roberts is the deciding vote he'll feel pressure to not fuck around as much. But with her in place, they have five with Kav, and Roberts can save face by voting no.

58 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Demoralization of your opponent is an incredible weapon. Fighters like Tyson, Fury, and pre-fury wilder won many fights before they got in the ring. Terrorists panic when Seals/DF/MARSOC kick in doors, and fall apart because of spec ops reputation. Woods in his prime. Low tier sports teams go on incredible win streaks, especially in playoff seasons. And of course, like you mentioned, incredible comebacks. 

its amazing how it can bring down anything from a single fighter to whole football team, to a presidential campaign