~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Already like 2 million people have voted lmao

Nobody's flipping from red to blue over this. Which leaves Democratic-leaning voters who are getting fired up to GOTV over this, Republican-leaning voters who are being discouraged into staying home on this, and that tiny slice of the electorate that seems to legit just vote based on the how good their last fart happened to be. Do we have any idea at all on how much of each group might still be outstanding? @SaysWho? I know the polling says people who've already voted is pretty close.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Biden probably doesn't actually want the checks

https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-951
IFP.NYU.EDU

If there is any consistent throughline in Joe Biden’s long career, it is his commitment to the ideology of austerity. He has obsessively pushed for Social

I feel like some on the left forgot Biden is a corporate centrist democrat who literally said that "nothing will change" to wall street groups if he became president given how shocked or chagrined some people are at his decisions, which make perfect sense if you know Biden. He's more referring about going back to Obama era gradualism and incremental change. Once Biden is in office, holding him accountable has always been the next step in the battle to help Americans. 

Step 1: Fucking save everyone by getting rid of Trump 

Step 2: Vote in Biden to at least bring competence and some semblance of normalcy and some sense of fairness/norms/whatever to government

Step 3: Hold Biden's feet to the fire for 4 years while we make as many progressive strides as possible 

Step 4: Elections 2022

Step 5: Elections 2024

That's the pathway I see that slowly gets our asses out of all of this mess. Obviously, I need optimal outcomes every step of the way for me to even see a potential future for us long term. So far, slowly the left is realizing we are transitioning into step 3 because Biden is not even liberal, much less a progressive. 

3 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

Apparently the section 230 provisions are in the updated NAFTA agreement, so we could get sued by Canada or Mexico for breaching the agreement if this were to actually pass lol

This randomly reminds me. Wouldn't doing away with 230 now mean that all cloud-based email providers would have to scan through all mail to ensure they aren't liable for whatever is being spoken about? I don't see any real difference between like Reddit and Gmail other than presentation.

Then again...what's to stop all these companies from updating their terms to state that any costs that resulting from 230 lawsuits would be directly the responsibility of the offending users?

26 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

This randomly reminds me. Wouldn't doing away with 230 now mean that all cloud-based email providers would have to scan through all mail to ensure they aren't liable for whatever is being spoken about? I don't see any real difference between like Reddit and Gmail other than presentation.

Then again...what's to stop all these companies from updating their terms to state that any costs that resulting from 230 lawsuits would be directly the responsibility of the offending users?

Trump probably got the idea from Zuckerberg, without 230 only massive companies would be able to meet the moderation requirements, which would sink the competition. 

Also everyone pushing for its repeal would immediately get banned from social media for nonstop libel once the websites were on the hook for it. 

6 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

My stimulus is pending in bank account. I only got 237 bucks. Seems like I should have got more than that as I got 837 in the original stimulus.

The 0 point is $87k this time instead of $99k. If you filed your 2019 taxes taxes after getting your first check then that could also be affecting it.

1 minute ago, Air_Delivery said:

Yeah that makes sense. I think the last stimulus was going off of 2018.

I got close to $1k in May and this WaPo tool says I'll be getting maybe about $360. And both are based off my 2019 taxes. So getting more like a third instead of a half, like you. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/business/coronavirus-stimulus-check-calculator/

42 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

UWRZ3ISKXQI6XF5WJ247OL7UNM.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

A last-minute congressional push to deliver $2,000 stimulus checks to most Americans appeared to be politically imperiled on Wednesday, as mounting Republican objections to swift...

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

A last-minute congressional push to deliver $2,000 stimulus checks to most Americans appeared to be politically imperiled on Wednesday, as mounting Republican objections to swift...

They have to start practicing to give a shit about the deficit again, a Democrat is about to be President.

• Guillotine 1

2 hours ago, Jason said:

WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

6-FA3-E101-C37-D-40-E9-81-C1-5487-A22-DE

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jason said:

WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

A last-minute congressional push to deliver $2,000 stimulus checks to most Americans appeared to be politically imperiled on Wednesday, as mounting Republican...