~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

4 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

I just want to see what the factual differences are, as you can easily guess Republican citizens are spinning this as the Democrat's fault for not giving them $1200 by accepting the $1.8 Trump proposal pre-election.

Yeah it would be interesting to see, but I think it comes in at 5,500+ pages so I'll wait to see just how bad it was. 

7 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

I just want to see what the factual differences are, as you can easily guess Republican citizens are spinning this as the Democrat's fault for not giving them $1200 by accepting the $1.8 trillion Trump proposal pre-election.

Most people are going to see Republicans as those who got them the checks, just like the president is responsible for the economy

8 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

rand "mmt" paul

Why not $2,000 indeed.

X5BMKHB5AEI6XKWZRFMSE4UAYQ.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Trump described the groundbreaking legislation as “a disgrace” and suggesting he would not immediately sign off on aid for millions of Americans.

My fiancé this morning: looks like Trump is going to block the stimulus deal.

Me: yea, because he wants $2000 stimulus checks and thinks $600 isn’t enough.

Fiancé: ... wait... what?

Me: Trump’s actually right about something for once.

Fiancé: ...

Me: ...did that just melt your brain?

Fiancé: this is like you telling me Shadow (our dog) is a reindeer, and I look over and she suddenly has antlers.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

My fiancé this morning: looks like Trump is going to block the stimulus deal.

Me: yea, because he wants $2000 stimulus checks and thinks $600 isn’t enough.

Fiancé: ... wait... what?

Me: Trump’s actually right about something for once.

Fiancé: ...

Me: ...did that just melt your brain?

Fiancé: this is like you telling me Shadow (our dog) is a reindeer, and I look over and she suddenly has antlers.

He dies a hundred bad things and no one bats an eye; he does one good thing and everyone loses their minds.

55 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Why do I keep seeing people bitch about us sending money to other countries and using this stimulus bill to fund Smithsonian etc?  Is there truth to this because it sounds like nonsense.

I'm tired if wading through FUD.

The COVID Relief bill was attached to an entire ominbus government funding package so it could be passed quicker. The people complaining about that don't understand that funding the Smithsonian isn't part of the COVID Relief provisions.