~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

We are so on the verge of a gigantic economic depression that Biden is going to conveniently inherit. How more people in the press and Congress aren't freaking out over the looming eviction crisis is criminal. I think I've been banging this drum for like nine months. I assumed at least the press would make more of a stink about it, but I guess Trump is too much of a distraction.

Late January/early February is going to be so cool. There's going to be Biden with barely any transition, peak deaths from COVID, and hundreds of thousands losing their homes. Awesome.

4 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

We are so on the verge of a gigantic economic depression that Biden is going to conveniently inherit. How more people in the press and Congress aren't freaking out over the looming eviction crisis is criminal. I think I've been banging this drum for like nine months. I assumed at least the press would make more of a stink about it, but I guess Trump is too much of a distraction.

Late January/early February is going to be so cool. There's going to be Biden with barely any transition, peak deaths from COVID, and hundreds of thousands losing their homes. Awesome.

I can already see the, “won’t SOMEONE think of the landlords,” articles in my mine’s eye. 

10 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I can already see the, “won’t SOMEONE think of the landlords,” articles in my mine’s eye. 

If Congress does act, it'll be in the form of a reprieve for home/property owners. Nothing will be done for renters. It's already too late, anyway. Outside of cutting everyone like a $10k check next week, it's just simply too late. Single bedroom apartments in my city run for around $1600. If you're a renter using whatever UI benefits you have to eat and not making rent payments you could easily be $8k in the hole since the end of the CARES Act.

What's great about this is that they'll now have an eviction on their credit which could make future job hunts that much more difficult in the future. It's also going to be cool that these people with no money for rent will also not have any money for security deposits for their next apartment.

We likely have a new generation of people with even worse buying power and credit than they had only a year ago. That's sure to do wonders for future home and car markets.

• Sad 1

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Landlords are often poc, etc etc is a take I've seen and it's bad

I understand that there are landlords that aren't rich. I even know a few. They aren't necessarily the root of evil. There should have been (or should always be) a recognition of like "you control so much wealth, you can take a fucking hit, so eat it, bitch."

Like, there should be a response of like, "hey, the economy is going to take a pretty big hit, we're going to put it on the people that can take the hit." How is that so hard to understand? BUT the people that can take the hit are also the biggest campaign donors. Fuck me I hate everything.

12 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

If Congress does act, it'll be in the form of a reprieve for home/property owners. Nothing will be done for renters. It's already too late, anyway. Outside of cutting everyone like a $10k check next week, it's just simply too late. Single bedroom apartments in my city run for around $1600. If you're a renter using whatever UI benefits you have to eat and not making rent payments you could easily be $8k in the hole since the end of the CARES Act.

What's great about this is that they'll now have an eviction on their credit which could make they're job hunt that much more difficult in the future. It's also going to be cool that these people with no money for rent will also not have any money for security deposits for their next apartment.

We likely have a new generation of people with even worse buying power and credit than they had only a year ago. That's sure to do wonders for future home and car markets.

Even worse than a given market is social stability. More people in precarious housing situations means more crime, means more unrest, etc.

Something is weird with the housing market because I live in the beginning of the middle Of nowhere yet houses around me are starting to sell for close to over $100k more than I what I paid for mine. I was afraid the housing market would tank with all this but it’s booming in my area. At least for now.

46 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Something is weird with the housing market because I live in the beginning of the middle Of nowhere yet houses around me are starting to sell for close to over $100k more than I what I paid for mine. I was afraid the housing market would tank with all this but it’s booming in my area. At least for now.

Pmcs are hardly feeling the covid recession

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

fuck trump

Everyone is understandably worried about the relief bill, but won't the government also shut down over this?

And with the talking point Trump has set up(bigger checks for Americans vs. other budgetary spending) even trying to table the relief stuff to work out a spending bill isn't going to work because by that logic it would be something full of the stuff Trump doesn't like with even less of what Trump supposedly wants.

So it seems like if relief talks break down, the government is also going to be shut down. Probably until Biden gets into office. Which may be what Trump wants anyway.

The only thing I would question about the report of Trump being mad at everyone is that it doesn't mention that Trump is mad at Americans for not voting for him and wants them to suffer too.

Time to realize that the federal government and the state government and often the local governments are only serving the interests of themselves, capital, and the system that perpetuates their own power. None of these systems support the needs of society and its people unless there can be profit from it in the form of money or power. 

The only way to existing within this unjust system is by forging local support networks, mutual aid associations, and relationships with those around you.

It pales in comparison to the resources available by the overarching government systems, but they won't help us. They never will. 

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Is it illegal for me to say I hope he dies? I'm not asking anyone to kill him, I just hope that someone does.

He is such an awful person, that the world will be better off when he finally goes. 

I just hope it's painful and humiliating. He deserves it for the pain and misery he has inflicted on others.