~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

10 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Someone is going to have to convince me that destroying Social media is a bad thing, so go ahead and vote on it!

The USCMA actually protects section 230, so even if they got rid of it, Canada and Mexico could sue to restore it. I mean, the US could always ignore USCMA...but that opens an entirely different can of worms.

12 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Someone is going to have to convince me that destroying Social media is a bad thing, so go ahead and vote on it!

I am down for destroying social media companies but in general 230 protects things like amazon and Yelp reviews, Craigslist postings and the like. So that would be bad

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I would consider this place to be a worthy sacrifice to destroy Google, Facebook, Twitter, et al.

But nuking 230 won't destroy them, it'll just entrench them since they'll be the only ones with the resources to actually comply with the moderation requirements.

5 hours ago, SimpleG said:
mitch-mcconnell-home-vandlized-stimulus.
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

McConnell isn't the only legislator to have his home targeted. On Friday, police responded to a report on Nancy Pelosi's home being vandalized.

I am no fan of McConnell, but they went too far. Look what those monsters spray painted on his house....

Spoiler

5d4069118b4389ad3092c7d65a77115a.jpg

• Haha 5

Oh, also:

Albertson's lays off all full-time union delivery drivers in California, replacing them with gig workers who get no benefits in response to to Prop 22.

Welcome me to a freer and better future, California!

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Oh, also:

Albertson's lays off all full-time union delivery drivers in California, replacing them with gig workers who get no benefits in response to to Prop 22.

Expendable workers.

38 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Great solution:

There needs to be legislation introduced that would create a mechanism for the public to vote on whether or not a CEO is worthy of his position, and if not, whether or not they are deserving of the guillotine, or firing squad 

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Oh, also:

Remember when we were thanking them for being heroes? 

So my stimulus was mailed to me even though the IRS has my bank account information on file. And it turns out if I don't get it through the mail before the 15th I have to apply for it.

Unrelated but USPS tells me in my email today that I'm getting a Christmas card that is post dated Dec 22. This is the 5th card dated from before Christmas that I'm getting this week

• Guillotine 2