~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

???????

53 minutes ago, Jason said:

How perfectly Trump GOP if the compromise was that Trump would sign the bill for Mitch and the Senate GOP agreed to hold up the Electoral votes.

I kind of wondered if Trump was going full scorched earth on McConnell. Trying to lose the Senate so he could turn around and say, "See, now neither of us have anything left to lose".

Trump seems to genuinely think there is some Senate trick that McConnell knows, but is not telling him, that can somehow magically give him a second term.

LNDUBN3UEJGDPBZMA37BVMIT5Y.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Sen. Bernie Sanders said he would keep senators in D.C. through New Year's Eve by delaying a vote to override President Trump's defense bill veto unless Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell also schedules a vote on $2,000 stimulus checks.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

They only need one more, no? Fuck, so good!

Lol-feller perdue and Hawley at least have indicated their support and I think that now puts the count at 51 (46 Dems, two independents, and these 3) so maybe one other to be safe in case there's someone missing or feinsten goes nutso and votes no

4 minutes ago, Joe said:

They only need one more, no? Fuck, so good!

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Lol-feller perdue and Hawley at least have indicated their support and I think that now puts the count at 51 (46 Dems, two independents, and these 3) so maybe one other to be safe in case there's someone missing or feinsten goes nutso and votes no

There have been a smattering of GOP senators that have supported direct payments over the course of this. Wasn't Romney a part of a group early on that talked about monthly payments?

If the two from Georgia are on board to save their skin I have to imagine there's enough votes(because it's budgetary it only needs a majority, not filibuster proof, right?) to pass it.

It all comes down to whether Mitch will allow a vote. The good thing is that at this point if he blocks the vote he is just slightly moving the hinge point in Georgia for backlash against the senators. Maybe it's enough for voters but, "Send me to Congress so I can abet Mitch blocking stuff" is not that much different than blocking it yourself.

6 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

There have been a smattering of GOP senators that have supported direct payments over the course of this. Wasn't Romney a part of a group early on that talked about monthly payments?

If the two from Georgia are on board to save their skin I have to imagine there's enough votes(because it's budgetary it only needs a majority, not filibuster proof, right?) to pass it.

It all comes down to whether Mitch will allow a vote. The good thing is that at this point if he blocks the vote he is just slightly moving the hinge point in Georgia for backlash against the senators. Maybe it's enough for voters but, "Send me to Congress so I can abet Mitch blocking stuff" is not that much different than blocking it yourself.

You know I'm not sure if this can be filibustered. I believe there must be enough votes for cloture so we need 60 so....

What’s so fucking “great” about this country again? We can’t even keep our most vulnerable populations alive, let alone housed and fed. Meanwhile, our President waffles back and forth on stimulus for political gain, whilst simultaneously pardoning child murdering war criminals. Half the country cheers for him. We fucking suck.