~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

5 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

So my stimulus was mailed to me even though the IRS has my bank account information on file. And it turns out if I don't get it through the mail before the 15th I have to apply for it.

Unrelated but USPS tells me in my email today that I'm getting a Christmas card that is post dated Dec 22. This is the 5th card dated from before Christmas that I'm getting this week

I overnighted Christmas cookies my fiancé made to my friend in Long Island on December 19th, paid $18 for the overnight... he got them on the 28th.

• Guillotine 2

29 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I mean not like you needed to be a genius this year. I just had emergency cash on hand and put it all in the market when it was crashing. My "smartest" move was probably investing in Cloudflare in Aug/Sept.

I know. I had a few big ones this year as well like Square. I didn’t know if were more of an enthusiast. 

Not sure if this got talked about, but the newest Covid relief bill included the Save Our Stages program which sets aside 15 billion for live performance venues, movie theaters, and museums. It's only for smaller operations, so many of my independent theater owner friends just might make it through to the other side with this new lifeline which grants up to 47% of lost revenue for 2020 March-December compared to the same period in 2019, and 1/2 of that for January-March 2021. I cried when it passed.

2020 was such a weird year for me professionally. We had our best year, by a large margin, thanks to the drive ins despite our indoor business being shuttered. So I've had something akin to survivors guilt, seeing all my friends who have their entire livelihood wrapped up in these movie theater businesses that they in most cases built from the ground up. To see some light at the end of the tunnel, even with whatever uncertainty remains about the paradigm shift in the industry...people have a little hope.

On 1/6/2021 at 10:49 AM, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

So my stimulus was mailed to me even though the IRS has my bank account information on file. And it turns out if I don't get it through the mail before the 15th I have to apply for it.

Unrelated but USPS tells me in my email today that I'm getting a Christmas card that is post dated Dec 22. This is the 5th card dated from before Christmas that I'm getting this week

Turns out that happened to a lot of people. The IRS used old information they had on file. I'm some cases, even sending payments to Turbotax and H&R Block.

irs_050919gn2_lead.jpg
THEHILL.COM

Tax-prep software giant TurboTax is telling customers that some people may not have received their stimulus payment because of an "IRS error" but that they expect the issue to be corrected "within
?m=02&d=20210108&t=2&i=1547031702&r=LYNX
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Millions of pandemic stimulus payments have been deposited in incorrect customer accounts due to an Internal Revenue Service error, according to Intuit TurboTax, which is helping to distribute the payments.

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Aw, man. I had my “that explains so much” joke ready to go, but now it’s awkward.

She’s only been there for like 6 years or so, so she hasn’t been converted yet luckily. She mostly doesn’t really pay attention to politics which, considering where she lives now, is probably for the best.

• Like 1