~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Womp womp

Why? Biden successfully ran on COVID aid. Just let Republicans stand at a podium and filibuster the very popular aid Biden won the election promising he would work on delivering. It makes me what want to slam my head into a wall when Democrats work to make Republicans' re-election bids easier. There's no valid reason to avoid having the public watch Republicans try to derail very popular policy.

6 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Why? Biden successfully ran on COVID aid. Just let Republicans stand at a podium and filibuster the very popular aid Biden won the election promising he would work on delivering. It makes me what want to slam my head into a wall when Democrats work to make Republicans' re-election bids easier. There's no valid reason to avoid having the public watch Republicans try to derail very popular policy.

What would be even smarter is just fucking passing it and then loudly taking credit for it. 

27 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

They're the ones trying to play 64D chess when they're really just playing checkers against a 5 year old

Trump's only political instinct is to punch himself in the dick. 

Democrats' only political instinct is to punch themselves in the dick after talking a big game about not punching themselves in the dick. 

Just now, Joe said:

$2000 isn't even up for debate except for leftists on Twitter.

No. 

210105-jon-ossoff-raphael-warnock-2x1-al
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

In a historically conservative state won by President-elect Joe Biden, Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock are leaning in to the prospect of a Democratic Senate.

Just now, Jason said:

No. 

210105-jon-ossoff-raphael-warnock-2x1-al
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

In a historically conservative state won by President-elect Joe Biden, Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock are leaning in to the prospect of a Democratic Senate.

I'm saying there is a 0% chance that the checks are going to be $2,000. There is a non-zero chance that they will be less than $1,400. So the debate is pointless.

5 minutes ago, johnny said:

in what world is 1400 fine for millions of americans 

It would be close to $5000 for a family of four. I think that is meaningful money to a lot of people.

5 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Pretty sure $2000 is considering the previous $600

That was definitely not what they were conveying in the runup to the Georgia Senate runoffs. Biden was still saying $2k after the $600 already went out. Stop apologizing for the Democrats pulling this shit. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

That was definitely not what they were conveying in the runup to the Georgia Senate runoffs. Biden was still saying $2k after the $600 already went out. Stop apologizing for the Democrats pulling this shit. 

I mean I always took it as completing the $2000 meant for the original COVID deal so  :shrug:

7 minutes ago, Joe said:

I did as well.

To elaborate, let's not forget how this discussion started: with Trump demanding $2,000 checks and then randomly signing the bill with $600 checks. When the Dems then started campaigning on that $2,000. I thought it was obvious that they were trying to get the $600 to $2,000. I guess not. 

1 minute ago, Joe said:

To elaborate, let's not forget how this discussion started: with Trump demanding $2,000 checks and then randomly signing the bill with $600 checks. When the Dems then started campaigning on that $2,000. I thought it was obvious that they were trying to get the $600 to $2,000. I guess not. 

We are not the average voter.