~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

7 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

MAKE money money, MAKE money money MONEY

It's true, I'm decidedly in "worrying about them Biden tax hikes" territory these days :feelsrona: Just utterly ridiculous how 2020 turned out and 2021 marches on towards.

Though the Sundance stuff more me is more like fantasy fulfillment. It's the kind of thing I dreamed of doing as a nerdy teenager buying up Criterion DVDs. Currently working with the same crew that is the artistic sponsor for the event (Houston Cinema Arts Society) to find a location for an indoor cinema/education venue for next year. I mean, I'm happy to sell tickets to the next formulaic Marvel flick, but this kind of stuff is waaaaaay more interesting for me on a personal level.

On 2/28/2020 at 7:19 AM, elbobo said:

I just put sell orders in for all my tech stocks

Lol, that was silly. 

Looking back, I'm glad I followed my non-investor advice from this thread and double down on my position(s) during the Covid Slam. Portfolio tripled in 2020 (currently unrealized gains). 

Lol NJ seems to be purposefully delaying distribution of the 11-week extension until UE numbers are released to artificially make them seem lower than they are. This is speculative but there are people who’ve been waiting over 5 weeks at this point and there’s zero reason as to why given the system was already programmed for the original 13-week extension.

Wet fart noises

Biden’s plan would send $1,400 payments to individuals with incomes up to $75,000 per year, and couples making up to $150,000.

Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio), one of the signers of the letter, said the GOP plan would lower those thresholds to $50,000 for individuals and $100,000 for couples. Instead of $1,400 checks, the GOP plan would propose $1,000 checks, according to Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.), another member of the group.

The GOP plan would also reduce Biden’s proposal for extending emergency federal unemployment benefits, which are set at $300 a week and set to expire in mid-March. The Biden plan would increase those benefits to $400 weekly and extend them through September. The GOP plan would keep the payments at $300 per week and extend them through June, according to three people with knowledge of the plan who spoke on the condition of anonymity ahead of an official announcement.

The senators involved:

The signers of the letter include eight Republican senators who are part of a bipartisan group that has conferred with Biden administration officials about the relief bill. In addition to Collins, Portman, and Cassidy, these are Sens. Lisa Murkowski (Alaska), Mitt Romney (Utah), Todd C. Young (Ind.), Shelley Moore Capito (W.Va.) and Jerry Moran (Kan.). Also signing are Mike Rounds (S.D.) and Thom Tillis (N.C.).

Just a distraction, ignore it at pass the $1.9T bill on party line vote

Just about the most predictable political outcome ever is if Joe would take that deal, Republicans would turn around and mercilessly attack him and all Dems for breaking their 2,000 check campaign promise.

From 2,000 to 1,000. I can see the Half Price, Discount Diamond Joe ads writing themselves.

We all know it is less than meaningless that Dems could point out that Republicans were the ones that proposed the drop, or trying to do the math about the 1,000 + 600 etc. All that matters is results. 

5 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Just about the most predictable political outcome ever is if Joe would take that deal, Republicans would turn around and mercilessly attack him and all Dems for breaking their 2,000 check campaign promise.

From 2,000 to 1,000. I can see the Half Price, Discount Diamond Joe ads writing themselves.

We all know it is less than meaningless that Dems could point out that Republicans were the ones that proposed the drop, or trying to do the math about the 1,000 + 600 etc. All that matters is results. 

TBF, they're going to attack him anyway when that $2,000 is $1,400 :p 

Just now, Littleronin said:

What do you want to bet they go to Biden and say something to the point of, "This is our offer. If you take it, we will vote to convict Trump." Just a little gut feeling that it is something they would try and pull. 

And then they'd pull the football away like they always do. 

At least two of the president’s top economic advisers, Heather Boushey and David Kamin, have privately expressed reservations about the size of the checks and at what level they would begin to phase out for higher-income people, according to three people familiar with internal discussions.

The aides worry that the checks will cost so much that there won’t be enough left over in Biden’s proposed pandemic relief bill for other priorities -- supplemental unemployment benefits, an expanded child tax credit, or aid to states and local governments, the people said.

The money printer goes BRRRRR dummies.