~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Fuck...I've been using them a lot since they're on the way on my walk to work. If I've had COVID I haven't been symptomatic, but I've relied on a number of negative tests from them to be sure I'm okay after doing things that could have exposed me, like air travel. :/

I never did a 24 hour turnaround test with them so hopefully that means I didn't get any fake results.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

A company accused of handing out fake results for hundreds of coronavirus tests will pay more than $20 million in a settlement with the city of L.A.

Which company???? I don't subscribe and can't read the article.

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

My good  sir, I haven't gotten so much as a sniffle for over two years.

I most certainly have not had the novel coronavirus!

I had a nasty cold last year, but when I got tested, it came back negative.  Turns out it was just a bad cold.

That's the only time I can recount of feeling that ill in the past 2 years.

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

We’re not talking about how many COVID shots we’ve gotten bro.

The bivalent shots news has me trying to decide if I should get number five now or wait until the fall. I'm leaning toward now-ish on the card I used to get the illicit third dose in July since it says I only ever got one shot, then again in the fall when the new and improved flavor comes out. Although I'd probably just wait until the fall if I had no plans to get on a plane between now and then.

Some estimates have 40% of infections being asymptomatic. 

pmc-logo-share.png?_=0
WWW.NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV

The numbers of novel coronavirus cases continue to grow at an unprecedented rate across the world. Attempts to control the growth of the virus using masks and...

Work is dropping the mask mandate in a couple of weeks, although people will still be allowed to wear them if they want to. 

I will definitely still be wearing one. I should get some N95 masks, though I don't know where they are sold aside from Costco, but I don't have a membership. 

6 minutes ago, Brick said:

Work is dropping the mask mandate in a couple of weeks, although people will still be allowed to wear them if they want to. 

I will definitely still be wearing one. I should get some N95 masks, though I don't know where they are sold aside from Costco, but I don't have a membership. 

I think you can buy online without one.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Me four! :twothumbsup:

Me five, though I actually am dubious of my own claim. My two kids and wife have all tested positive for it and had symptoms (the youngest had stronger ones). I consistently tested negative. I felt a little tired for one half of a day before they all tested positive. 

36 minutes ago, Brick said:

We bought our KN95s from here:

PPE_SUPPLY_-_LOGO_RGB2.png?height=628&pa
WWW.PPE-SUPPLY.COM

High-quality, reliable personal protective equipment from reputable manufacturers. Competitive pricing, same-day delivery in the GTA, same-day shipping and exceptional...

I also haven't caught covid yet. Me, wife and inlaws have been extra careful because we have a 6 month old. I have been seeing my coworkers slowly get it (we've had 3 out sick with covid) but luckily we're a remote software company so I don't interact with them in person. I'm trying to not be an asshole to people here but my vaccinated dad almost died of covid early this year (he's been in the hospital twice over low oxygen) and probably shorten his life over it. So apologies if I'm being an asshole over not giving a fuck about the feelings of some fat fuck who feels he needs to be able to shove popcorn in his mouth during a movie.

• Like 1

The worst part of this is that my coworker sits next to another guy who was also in the office, and he and his wife just had a baby. So there's a newborn that's 6 weeks old in the house and now dad is a close contact to a positive test. 

That's bad!

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, CayceG said:

The worst part of this is that my coworker sits next to another guy who was also in the office, and he and his wife just had a baby. So there's a newborn that's 6 weeks old in the house and now dad is a close contact to a positive test. 

That's bad!

But it's the one guy's right to breathe freely! 

A friend of mine who I was with at a baseball game last Friday tested positive early this week. We were in a car together for probably an hour and a half driving to and from the game. Fortunately I, as well as the other two guys in the car all tested negative. So far I guess I have also avoided infection this whole time.

I've tried to remain at home, but they've forced me back in for two days a week. I wear an N95 the whole day, but at this point (in an office of 20 with no ventilation) I am the only one wearing a mask. No one saying if they have COVID or not (and there is no requirement to inform or isolate in my province, now), but the amount of people out sick has skyrocketed in the last few weeks, as has the coughing, sniffles, etc.

I’m starting to think that the test really don’t work on the new variant based on friends family’s getting it but some not positive though have the worst of the symptoms 

I don’t want to think about it because one of my friends got it and we were at a raptors game together and no one else had it but I got a cough (nothing else) and have had it for over three weeks.  

but as far as our Covid pool I’m not disqualified because I tested 5 times always negative.  Never had it, dammit!

25 minutes ago, Captain Pickle said:

I’m starting to think that the test really don’t work on the new variant based on friends family’s getting it but some not positive though have the worst of the symptoms 

I don’t want to think about it because one of my friends got it and we were at a raptors game together and no one else had it but I got a cough (nothing else) and have had it for over three weeks.  

but as far as our Covid pool I’m not disqualified because I tested 5 times always negative.  Never had it, dammit!

I've seen with omicron that you should be swabbing the back of your throat in addition to your nose. I've been doing it with my at home tests. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I was on a hybrid work schedule until July when I came back to LA. Now I'm completely remote and will be for the forseeable future. If I have my way, I'm never setting foot in another office again and the only way I'll get Covid is through social interactions.

Yep. Unless my family is at risk of being out on the street I’m wfh 

3 hours ago, CayceG said:

That's bad!

Hopefully the mother was vaccinated and boosted during the pregnancy. If not, we are fortunate that Covid has shown itself to be less severe than other common viruses that kids get exposed to like RSV.