~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

12 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Yes I know.  Sorry if I made it sound like I was reacting badly to your comment.

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

No not at all!

Hey look a Canadian sorry standoff in the wild!

• Haha 2
  • True 1

My province has switched to monthly reporting, and the premier and his ministers have said that nothing will be done at this point to institute any protections or measures, regardless of anything. They've also banned internal hospital numbers from being reported or accessed. So the media went a hospital in our largest city and found out first hand that the ER is beyond surge capacity, and that the waiting room has been converted into bedspace because there's no more room left, and many nurses have quit.

9 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

My province has switched to monthly reporting, and the premier and his ministers have said that nothing will be done at this point to institute any protections or measures, regardless of anything. They've also banned internal hospital numbers from being reported or accessed. So the media went a hospital in our largest city and found out first hand that the ER is beyond surge capacity, and that the waiting room has been converted into bedspace because there's no more room left, and many nurses have quit.

Jesus Christ 

I’m still wearing my mask at work (well, right now) I will say that I have seen a few more people wearing a mask in stores lately. I think it’s also because of allergies (mine are driving me crazy) and people don’t know if it’s that or Covid. Just a dry cough and runny nose but enough to make people question your health. I even did a rapid test on Saturday but was negative. Still no appetite and that I do blame still on Covid . . . but the 20lbs I’ve lost because of it is nice (be worrisome too)

My experience with Covid:

1)  Exposure Saturday at Dinner

2)  Very mild cold symptoms Monday night

3)  Felt like I had a slight runny nose on Tuesday

4)  Felt like I had a mild Flu on Wednesday

5)  Mild symptoms during the morning on Thursday, 99% on Thursday evening

These vaccines work.

Anecdotally, I know SOOO many people who have caught it (and tested positive in the last month), and my symptoms were among the worst.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

I was planning to see a movie in theaters for the first time since 2019 this weekend, but now I'm not so sure...

You'll be fine. Wear a good mask if you’re worried 😊

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

My experience with Covid:

1)  Exposure Saturday at Dinner

2)  Very mild cold symptoms Monday night

3)  Felt like I had a slight runny nose on Tuesday

4)  Felt like I had a mild Flu on Wednesday

5)  Mild symptoms during the morning on Thursday, 99% on Thursday evening

These vaccines work.

Anecdotally, I know SOOO many people who have caught it (and tested positive in the last month), and my symptoms were among the worst.

I pretty much had nothing more than a mild cough for 36 hours. Pretty anticlimactic :p 

8 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

This is in Canada??? 

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:
ivermectin_covid_getty_12142021.png?w=12
THEHILL.COM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) – A local lawmaker has co-sponsored a bill that would allow ivermectin to be sold over the counter in Tennessee without a prescription. On Wednesday, the bill...

Senate Bill 2188 was introduced by Sen. Frank Niceley (R-Strawberry Plains) on Jan. 31. Crowe became one of the bill’s co-sponsors as it made its way past committees in the Senate

Loves Hitler and horse dewormer. :thinking:

On 4/13/2022 at 12:58 PM, CitizenVectron said:

Like, okay, I kind of get people being "over" COVID and wanting to do everything they did before, even during rising waves like now. But if you or your housemates literally have the symptoms, why the fuck are you going out? No sympathy for people who are spreading it after two years of knowing what the symptoms are. "Oh I just thought it was the sniffles!"

The pandemic just reinforced me being a hermit. It's not bad between Pristiq and Wellburtin I feel fine and don't really need anyone else. A SO would be nice but not worth leaving the house over. Lol

I have a healthy supply but the ones I like are out of stock right now. :( Plenty of the black version but I found the fit isn't quite right, they're nominally the same thing in different colors but I think the outer material's a little stiffer.