Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

4 hours ago, stepee said:
WCCFTECH.COM

NVIDIA released its latest GeForce Game Ready driver which adds support for Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition, further enhancing RTX & DLSS 3,5.

Looks like the graphics are improved again, just because fuck it why not!

Also this means that 3000 series (and 2000) get ray reconstruction now since it no longer requires path tracing. @legend

I've been using path tracing on my 3090 this whole time. 

I started this game over and bought the expansion. I have to say maybe this isn’t a hot take or anything but I think this game is kind of incredible. I wonder if it hadn’t launched on fire what the perception of it would be. I remember a few people I enjoy like Gertsman said even if it wasn’t on fire it didn’t do much for them, but at this point I couldn’t disagree more. I think the main quest story is fantastic, it obviously looks great, it’s so much more fun to play, I love the style of it, and the side quests are fun. Having a great time with it. 

• Hype 2

59 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I started this game over and bought the expansion. I have to say maybe this isn’t a hot take or anything but I think this game is kind of incredible. I wonder if it hadn’t launched on fire what the perception of it would be. I remember a few people I enjoy like Gertsman said even if it wasn’t on fire it didn’t do much for them, but at this point I couldn’t disagree more. I think the main quest story is fantastic, it obviously looks great, it’s so much more fun to play, I love the style of it, and the side quests are fun. Having a great time with it. 

It was great on pc day1 and now it’s just phenomenal on everything that can run the current version!

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

I've had an incredible blast with the game. I'm at that point in it where I haven't played in a couple of weeks only because I have little else left to do other than go beyond the point of no return. I'm pretty happy I waited to play until Phantom Liberty. Not sure I would have come back just to play this had I first played when the game came out.

• 1 month later...

A few months ago I finally went back to Cyberpunk 2077 to play Phantom Liberty. I had already played and 100%'ed the base game back when it launched - I had a great time with the game even back then, being lucky enough to not really run into any bugs or glitches at the time. I did not replay any part of the base game, I simply re-specced my character when prompted and jumped in with my save from right before the point of no return. It was nice to see a lot of new wrap-up side quests for the base game for each of the brokers you worked with added in and getting to call your lovers/partners over to just hang out is a nice touch. 

The actual DLC is as Idris Elba said in an interview - this is not DLC but a full-on expansion pack that took me about 30-35 hours to do everything. How it adds to the base game's story was fairly cleverly woven in without greatly disrupting the base game's story and all the main characters in this expansion pack are given enough time for you to get to know them pretty well. The game does play a bit better though the experience was mostly the same for me in terms of gameplay (I'm mostly stealth/hack with some powerful guns when things go to shit). Really enjoyed the expansion and I hope we get a sequel down the road. I played right after the 2.1 patch update dropped as well, which was good timing.

• Thanks 1
  • Hype 1