The Mandalorian OT - This is the Way

Her agency fired her too

mandalorian-2.jpg?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

EXCLUSIVE: The former MMA fighter turned actress is no longer with her agency UTA, a spokesperson confirmed to Deadline tonight. This comes in the wake of Gina Carano making controversial statement…

Yay...cancel culture ruins another career, fan-fucking-tastic.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT HER PERSONAL BELIEFS NOR AGENDAS! Was she a hell of an entertaining fighter that helped bring up the whole of the women's MMA scene into the prominence it now enjoys, YEP! Was she entertaining in the few roles that she's been cast in, and did I as a viewer enjoy those films? YEP! The buck stops there...stop trying to discern someone's personal life from the roles they inhabit on screen for crying out loud.

• Guillotine 1

1 minute ago, SoberChef said:

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT HER PERSONAL BELIEFS NOR AGENDAS! Was she a hell of an entertaining fighter that helped bring up the whole of the women's MMA scene into the prominence it now enjoys, YEP! Was she entertaining in the few roles that she's been cast in, and did I as a viewer enjoy those films? YEP! The buck stops there...stop trying to discern someone's personal life from the roles they inhabit on screen for crying out loud.

But her beliefs are toxic and inherently, by believing them, hurts others. Or do you think they should employ anyone with crazy beliefs? We have to shame this stuff man, and it should affect your job prospects. It certainly did for Nazis after the war, why not her? 

gina carano is not even that good of an actor. you could put ronda rousey (who can’t act) in her roles and it would probably not change it much. 

not worth keeping anybody around who says the shit she has. you just continue to let her platform grow so she can keep saying toxic and anti-semitic things. 

22 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Nobody was discerning anything, man. She was shouting from the rooftops about how much of a giant piece of shit she is.

I don’t care about anything Star Wars, but I was curious because I saw the news on this development. Good for them for canning her. How long can someone tell you who they are before you start to believe them? She’s shit. 

1 hour ago, SoberChef said:

yeah...this is a bad take. You can’t compare a political party to an ethnic group of people who were systematically slaughtered in one of the worse genocide attempts in human history. No, just no. 

• Thanks 1

How dumb is she? She fails upward to land in one of if not the most popular shows out there only to shoot herself in the damn foot. Its not hard folks, keep your damn mouth shut.

Also recast Bill Burr in a terrible wig as Cara Dune and simply never acknowledge it on the show.

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Iculus said:

she's a wooden actor that is surprisingly bad, considering her background, in choreographed fight scenes. this should have happened sooner.

edit: wooden is generous. she is genuinely bad.

I haven't seen her in anything else besides Mando, but I thought she was well suited to the character and enjoyable to watch.

But I mean, SO good she should skate by saying whatever she wants about holocaust victims? Hell no, fuck her.

6 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Nobody's peering into her personal life... she's BROADCASTING it. How stupid do you have to be to work for a company like Disney and STILL go out of your way to be as offensive as possible online. My guess is she sees it as a win win for her because you becomes a martyr on The Right and sees herself as being a darling in THAT world because folks will somehow see her  as the victim.

6 hours ago, SoberChef said:

We’ve got our first nominee for Worst Take of 2021. Congrats!!!

WTF are you talking about “trying to discern”? This isn’t someone finding a tweet from 15 years ago. She continually broadcasts this shit over and over. And it’s not like she didn’t see it coming. She caught shit about her posts months ago. She decided to keep going while working for the single most family oriented company in the world. This is her own fault for being stupid. 

If this tweet was the only one, I think it would go too far to fire her, but look at this list

daxqvocx0pgx8rllauaa.jpg
IO9.GIZMODO.COM

Gina Carano, who plays Cara Dune on Disney+ Star Wars series The Mandalorian, will no longer be on the show. A Lucasfilm spokesperson told io9 she "not currently employed by" them.

That, of course, came after months of complaints about Carano’s online presence, including mocking covid mask mandates, spreading conspiracies about the United States election, liking posts disparaging the Black Lives Matter movement, and deriding pronoun usage.

Fuck this person. Rejecting mask wearing during a pandemic and spreading conspiracies about the election results are not just being a shit person who says nasty things: they're actively harming the world through gross misinformation. This is wildly unacceptable and I'm tired of letting people get away with this shit.

The US has a really fucked up culture about what they protect and what they don't.

9 hours ago, SoberChef said:

This is a bad take, she posted shit comparing criticism of Republicans to people rounding up Jews in Nazi Germany. This isn’t “cancel culture” ruining anything and phrasing it as such is wildly disingenuous.

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Nobody's peering into her personal life... she's BROADCASTING it. How stupid do you have to be to work for a company like Disney and STILL go out of your way to be as offensive as possible online. My guess is she sees it as a win win for her because you becomes a martyr on The Right and sees herself as being a darling in THAT world because folks will somehow see her  as the victim.

Please someone send Carano this jam

VM.TIKTOK.COM

Reply to @dipreshaun lotta y’all were asking for this. Here ya go!

10 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Aren't Juggalos supposed to hate Nazis? 

Anyone who un-ironically uses the phrase “cancel culture” should be beaten with a sock full of quarters until they see the error of their ways.  This shit isn’t new, it isn’t novel, it’s not even particularly effective, it’s just a dumb label chuds have come up with for consequences when it occurs to them.  Someone said something incredibly stupid out loud and got fired?  How unprecedented.  This never happened once before the brainwashed antifa loving masses took over or whatever.

The same people who cry foul whenever some asshole shows their entire ass and is forced to suffer the absolute bare minimum of punishment gleefully call for the blood of anything they don’t like either.  Oh you fired terf moron strong lady?  I’m cancelling Disney Plus.  You stopped sponsoring Hannity?  Watch me post pictures of my smashed Keurig online.  You hired Kaeppernick?  I’m cutting up every pair of Nike socks I own.  It’s the most openly obvious bullshit double standard possible.    

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.