The Mandalorian OT - This is the Way

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I think you need to look at what was happening in Germany in 1944. 

They still caged minorities first before putting them in gas chambers. We're comparing the first part, not the second part, given that's the image you shared. No one here said that separating families at the border and putting children alone in cages with each other is the same as the Holocaust, but it's still pretty fucking bad.

Show me one post in this thread where someone said that. The image you showed was of minorities behind caged walls, not gas chambers. That's the comparison.

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Side note: I went to Galaxy's Edge at Disney World. I had some blue "milk". It was pretty good. It was rice milk and coconut mixed with other fruity flavors. I also spent $200 to build a badass lightsaber.

I want to go sooooo badly.

Just now, Joe said:

I want to go sooooo badly.

I was super impressed with the whole experience. I mean the life-sized models of the ships they have are awesome. The props and scenery they build make everything look Star Wars-y as far as the eye can see. And they play the sounds of ships flying overhead once in a while on these synchronized speakers. Even my fucking Coke bottle looked like it was made on Coruscant or something. 

spacer.png

Also, the Rise of the Resistance ride is fucking awesome. Like, the line experience itself is so good that I thought the ride had started. Every ride tries to do that but no ride has done it as well as that one.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

SoberChef definitely has some views I find "unsavory" but he doesn't troll. He's a a good user; nowhere near the same level as a Biggie or a Baatar imo.

He goes full bore with the stuff he loves. That's actually one thing I like about him. Though, he's going full bore with loving this character and actor and I think that's a mistake because it's carrying him to places that shouldn't be ventured into :P

Just now, GeneticBlueprint said:

I was super impressed with the whole experience. I mean the life-sized models of the ships they have are awesome. The props and scenery they build make everything look Star Wars-y as far as the eye can see. And they play the sounds of ships flying overhead once in a while on these synchronized speakers. Even my fucking Coke bottle looked like it was made on Coruscant or something. 

spacer.png

Also, the Rise of the Resistance ride is fucking awesome. Like, the line experience itself is so good that I thought the ride had started. Every ride tries to do that but no ride has done it as well as that one.

My wife kept one of those as a souvenir when we went. Did you see the young Jedi fight Vader? If they would have had that shit when I was kid I would have had a stroke from over excitement. 

2 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

My wife kept one of those as a souvenir when we went. Did you see the young Jedi fight Vader? If they would have had that shit when I was kid I would have had a stroke from over excitement. 

Haha my wife kept mine too. There wasn't a whole lot of character stuff going on there due to the pandemic. I was just there only 3 weeks ago because flights and hotel were cheap and I'm Covid-immune currently.

4 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Haha my wife kept mine too. There wasn't a whole lot of character stuff going on there due to the pandemic. I was just there only 3 weeks ago because flights and hotel were cheap and I'm Covid-immune currently.

It was awesome, they pull kids out of the audience and teach them how to use the force and some saber moves and then Vader walks out of cloud smoke and the kids fight him one on one. I wanna go back one day after all this shit is simmered down.

Just now, SimpleG said:

It was awesome, they pull kids out of the audience and teach them how to use the force and some saber moves and then Vader walks out of cloud smoke and the kids fight him one on one. I wanna go back one day after all this shit is simmered down.

Oh. my. god that sounds awesome. I'm definitely going to go back some time. I want to spend an entire day just in Galaxy's Edge. We only spent part of one day there.

19 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Would you prefer to argue about The Last Jedi again? I'll take this thread that way if you want.

Nothing to argue about, it's trash in my humble, completely non-aggressive opinion.

12 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

What about him? He’s also a Trump fan and believes the bullshit election claims?

Surely you jest! I may be strongly opinionated but I'm not THAT absurd. (Yes this includes my hot take from earlier which I stand by.)

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

SoberChef definitely has some views I find "unsavory" but he doesn't troll. He's a a good user; nowhere near the same level as a Biggie or a Baatar imo.

Thanks, I think? Chalk it up to being curmudgeonly at 40!

42 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Nothing to argue about, it's trash in my humble, completely non-aggressive opinion.

Surely you jest! I may be strongly opinionated but I'm not THAT absurd. (Yes this includes my hot take from earlier which I stand by.)

Thanks, I think? Chalk it up to being curmudgeonly at 40!

I enjoy reading your posts! You seem genuine even if I greatly disagree with your take as I do here lol.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bataar said:

Prove it. In what way am I wrong? Pascal falsely claimed that immigrant children being temporarily held in cages and being cared for while their parents were going through the sanctuary process is the same as Nazis keeping Jewish children in cages where they were tortured and killed. Both are bad, but they are clearly not equal. Carano claimed that just like normal citizens were encouraged to attack and revile Jews, now, normal citizens are encouraged to attack and revile people based on their politics. Again, both are bad, but they are clearly not equal. However, her comparison is more accurate than Pascals as people are being attacked and canceled for merely having different opinions, whereas none of those kids in cages were tortured and killed.

Are you fucking kidding me with this shit? Did you miss the news of hundreds of children that were separated from their parents, and no one knows how to reunite them? Many of those children were "adopted" into White families (by the way a form of genocide)? The forced hysterectomies (hey look another form of genocide)? Just because there's no gas chambers doesn't mean the comparisons between the concentration camps of Nazi Germany, and the concentration camps at the southern border (yes they are technically concentration camps) aren't apt. 

What's next, gonna say Trump isn't a wannabe fascist? 

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The context for that analogy is INFINITELY more applicable than the nonsense that she came up with.

She compared a political party that UTTERLY DOMINATES most of the political units in the United States to a minority that was hounded and persecuted for centuries in Germany prior to the Nazis.

Give me a fucking break.

Nuance is a concept lost on the non-intellectuals. No one said you couldn't compare Jews in concentration camps to anything else ever again.

The idea is you can't compare online backlash to political views to being beaten/raped/murdered for being a Jew.

Actually that's not nuance at all, that's a really freakin distinct difference.

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

spacer.png

the land itself is very cool, especially all the ships all over the place but the rides were less than impressive IMO. Smugglers Run is only decent if you are piloting and I honestly thought Rise of the Resistance was only so-so.  

9 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I don’t think anyone should lose their job over some social media shit posting. No matter how much I disagree with it. And that goes for both sides of the isle. 

Except that Disney LITERALLY has policies about social media in their employment contracts and they apply to pretty much EVERYONE that works for them so :shrug: 

Pretty sure they're not the only ones.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Except that Disney LITERALLY has policies about social media in their employment contracts and they apply to pretty much EVERYONE that works for them so :shrug: 

Pretty sure they're not the only ones.

I said me, I, personally don’t believe anyone should be fired for social media shit posting. Disney can do whatever they want. But I’m almost certain that we probably could find shit posting in almost anyone’s online footprint if we really looked hard enough. 

Just now, Biggie said:

I said me, I, personally don’t believe anyone should be fired for social media shit posting. Disney can do whatever they want. But I’m almost certain that we probably could find shit posting in almost anyone’s online footprint if we really looked hard enough. 

Right... but most of us aren't public and begging for negative attention.

The irony of her tweet is I'm pretty sure the average Republican hates - deeply, spitefully, dangerously - hates Democrats more than the vice versa.  The shit I see conservatives say on Facebook is exactly the "warning" Gina was trying to convey.  Republicans don't want unity, don't want compromise, and don't care about "feelings".  They only want it their way, and if they don't get it then they try to ostracize the other side and actively turn neighbors against each other.  This is exactly what happened on Jan 6th.  A group of people were fed lies, fed anger, and that led to action.  

I’m glad she’s gone. She had shit acting ability. Dialog, in make believe and real life are clearly not her forte. Other than representing thic women, she brought nothing to the role. It’s not even like her MMA roots were leveraged. She use blasters. Her trying to act her way through a scene was the worst part of any episode she was in. 

as for politics, these celebrities need to wake the fuck up. I don’t mean get woke and be a liberal. I mean shut the ever living fuck up on social media. They may as well pretend to have no political beliefs. 

it’s not that “no one cares”, because it’s that everyone fucking cares. Regular, ordinary people have been fired over social media posts that were meant to be a joke that offended people. Why do people think somebody like Disney wouldn’t fire somebody over a politically troll post online? It’s not like Mando season 3 can’t go on without her. 

She’s an idiot, beyond her political beliefs. This is not a free speech issue. This is an example that what we say can have consequences. She’s not special. 

Haaa... sigh... I didn't want to have to give my take on this but...

That flex scene with Chris Evans is super memorable it is totally the superhero version of the classic ass shot.  Not a movie. butt

Mass-effect-legandary-edition-miranda-bu

I almost can believe there are people who have seen all the movies but don't recall that gratuitous exploitation of the male form. It felt like the start of a Carl's Jr. commercial but with a guy!