Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Have you been asked what high school you went to yet?

Cincinnati people love their local high schools

I’m sure I have, but not so often that it registered as a “thing”.

4 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

You poor bastard :( 

I bounced between Indiana and Kansas a couple of times before this. I moved here to be close to my sister. It’s relatively inexpensive, plenty of things to do. I’m probably going to stay here for good unless something really big pulls me away. 

45 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Thought I'd be smart and go to the polling place an hour before work to get it over with.  Turns out there was already a huge line when I got here.  Stood in line for 15 minutes, in which time the line barely budged.

The place is less than 5 minutes from my house, so I'll try and come back at lunchtime...

Should have just stayed and voted.  

Also, for any of you anxious about the election, don't bother looking at updates. Since I know who you voted for or are going to vote for, today's vote is going to be disproportionately Republican, so you're just gonna make yourself sick reading results each hour. Dems banked a lot of votes, Republicans are coming out as expected, and party reg =/= party vote necessarily (depends on the election!).

I'm mostly avoiding social media today once I leave work and getting a nice nap in prior to tonight, probably joining many of you at 8 or 9.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Making election day a federal holiday doesn't solve the problem of getting more people to vote.  

But you know what would?  The federal government passing a law mandating uniform, no excuse, early/mail-in voting in all 50 states.  

Now you’re infringing on my right to NOT vote!

10 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Making election day a federal holiday doesn't solve the problem of getting more people to vote.  

But you know what would?  The federal government passing a law mandating uniform, no excuse, early/mail-in voting in all 50 states.  

Yeah, there also needs to be legislation that states that employer must give their employees time off to vote.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

Also, for any of you anxious about the election, don't bother looking at updates. Since I know who you voted for or are going to vote for, today's vote is going to be disproportionately Republican, so you're just gonna make yourself sick reading results each hour. Dems banked a lot of votes, Republicans are coming out as expected, and party reg =/= party vote necessarily (depends on the election!).

I'm mostly avoiding social media today once I leave work and getting a nice nap in prior to tonight, probably joining many of you at 8 or 9.

Aren't at least some of the important swing states like Florida supposed to be decided tonight?