Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

12 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Jesus Christ.

I was just "treated" to what amounted to a phrenology lecture from my roommate who informed me that she could tell if a child was "intelligent" by looking at its face.

As in "When I go to Aldi and I see Hispanic or Middle-Eastern children, I can tell if they're smart by their face"

I'm so very glad she's looking for a new place to live.

She would have fit in just fine in a 1930s eugenics world. 

One of the things that is good to see: not a lot of long lines in traditionally long wait time areas. Hopefully people will see why they should utilize early voting options, and push to keep or even broaden mail in voting.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

Seems to be a common theme, GOP E-day vote trailing off after starting strong, while dems/NPA stay steady, still gonna come down to those early vote margins.

Just now, PaladinSolo said:

Nightmare scenario for the GOP is a symphony of poetic justice.

They chose to demonize mail-in voting to put all their all electoral eggs in one basket(E-day). But that also means that many of these voters who waited are now looking at the final polls showing Biden with a huge lead(discouraging). So if you're a(predominantly older) Trump voter you decide maybe right after hitting 100,000 new cases per day might not be the best time to go out and risk your life for the guy who caused the problem in the first place and who is going to lose anyway.

While Trump loses whether it's close or a landslide either way, this could really help in Senate races.

Of course, the flip side is that whatever else you want to say about Trump supporters they're fucking fanatical so I wouldn't count on it until we see the all the results.

2 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Nightmare scenario for the GOP is a symphony of poetic justice.

They chose to demonize mail-in voting to put all their all electoral eggs in one basket(E-day). But that also means that many of these voters who waited are now looking at the final polls showing Biden with a huge lead(discouraging). So if you're a(predominantly older) Trump voter you decide maybe right after hitting 100,000 new cases per day might not be the best time to go out and risk your life for the guy who caused the problem in the first place and who is going to lose anyway.

While Trump loses whether it's close or a landslide either way, this could really help in Senate races.

Of course, the flip side is that whatever else you want to say about Trump supporters they're fucking fanatical so I wouldn't count on it until we see the all the results.

no one looks at polls but us bro

38 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Jesus Christ.

I was just "treated" to what amounted to a phrenology lecture from my roommate who informed me that she could tell if a child was "intelligent" by looking at its face.

As in "When I go to Aldi and I see Hispanic or Middle-Eastern children, I can tell if they're smart by their face"

I'm so very glad she's looking for a new place to live.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

I mean, it's still possible, but California, New York, and Ilinois are already pretty safely blue. Texas and Florida are battleground states (Florida pretty much always has been, this is kind of a first for Texas). If Texas flips and turns into a blue state, I don't see any avenue for the Republicans winning another election in the foreseeable future. But even if Texas votes Biden this year, I wouldn't be ready to call them a blue state just yet. They could easily flip back in 2 or 4 years.

Unless the governor or state house goes Blue also, what happens is Texas allows Electors to vote free of the popular vote, or Texas does away with the winner take all and divide the Electors based on popular vote. 

...only until popular vote switches back to Red, then it’s winner take all again, all Electors vote Republican. 

that’s what happens if Texas goes blue. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Unless the governor or state house goes Blue also, what happens is Texas allows Electors to vote free of the popular vote, or Texas does away with the winner take all and divide the Electors based on popular vote. 

...only until popular vote switches back to Red, then it’s winner take all again, all Electors vote Republican. 

that’s what happens if Texas goes blue. 

lol, this would be just as good for dems honestly, thats like 18-19 EVs just splitting meaning the GOP would still have to win PA just to be in it at all, but if the state house goes blue they can't do any changes that aren't good for dems.

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

Cooter is insinuating the nephew illegally voted.  They flew to Florida from Illinois in order to vote in Florida.  Also there might be some light incest going on between the aunt and nephew. 

Maybe he's going to school in Illinois, but registered in Florida? Also, I like that you called him Cooter lmao.

23 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

lol, this would be just as good for dems honestly, thats like 18-19 EVs just splitting meaning the GOP would still have to win PA just to be in it at all, but if the state house goes blue they can't do any changes that aren't good for dems.

It would be good for Dems, unless Texas goes Red again and Republicans make it winner take all again. They’ll use the same type of logic they did with the Barrett SCOTUS nomination and confirmation.