Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

11 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

There is little reason to believe that climate change would result in billions dying from crop failure and famine - Unless you are referring to a war scenario where dwindling resources spark a regional or global nuclear exchange between nuclear nations.

Large scale food production from things like algae are on the verge of being economically possible, and are already technically possible.

There will absolutely be human-derived chaos as the current resource infrastructure (land, housing, food supply) sees sudden and major shifts.  Large numbers of people will be forced to change their way of life.  The competition to survive will be fierce, because so far we (the human population) have shown an unwillingness to cooperate when it comes to property ownership.

4 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I did show you - I explained that Biden's competence and belief in climate change alone will shift the Overton window enough to begin making a difference. As well as the appointments he makes at the EPA, etc. It will be significantly better than Trump at least. Will it materially change anything? Maybe not, but also it might with a post-Biden world in terms of future presidents after him, etc. Trump, the conclusion is a given (climate change will clearly win). With Biden, the conclusion isn't a given (we may still likely get fucked, but maybe not). I'm still not sure what you're disagreeing with me on on this. :p 

Setting the tone also shows we're acting in good faith to the rest of the world.

this is LI. All over the place. This myth of shy trump supporters is absolute nonsense. If anything, it’s shy Biden supporters bc we don’t want to deal with nor engage with any of these cultist morons. I never tell people I don’t know who I’m voting for bc I have zero interest in having a conversation with them about it.  

https://v.redd.it/biqp42vr8xw51/HLSPlaylist.m3u8?a=1606985457%2CMWFiNTI4ODBhNTlhZjJmYjhiNmQzOWQ3ODdmMzFiMzExZWNlNmI4YTJjYjQ0ZTYxNDE4NGU3YjBlN2M0MDY0Ng%3D%3D&v=1&f=sd

r67L27X.png

Obviously some states had bigger errors than others, and there are fewer undecideds. This is hypothetical.

Also so a good reminder on Twitter: 89% of a Biden win doesn't mean 89% of a Biden landslide, but landslide scenarios are part of that 89%. 1 and 10 chance for Trump, while bad, is a non-zero chance, so if you have any friends/family who you think need an extra friendly push, do it!

22 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Thought I was smart getting here right when the polls open (6:30) but there are already about 80 people in line. 

I’ve been wondering just how much of a turnout we will see today given the insane early voting that’s happened. 

4 minutes ago, Comet said:

I’ve been wondering just how much of a turnout we will see today given the insane early voting that’s happened. 

I live right across the street from my polling place, so I’m going to keep an eye on the line out of curiosity. It’s moving fairly quick at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Comet said:

I've seen projections of 145-165 million so probably another 50 million today, so about 1/3 of the vote left, substantially higher than 4 years ago though.

ElckrmFU8AELHWU?format=jpg&name=large

Assuming Biden wins, as seems likely, Trump's limp response to COVID and George Floyd were both events that permanently changed the nature of the race. Nothing else had a significant difference besides possibly the first presidential debate, to which we saw Biden get some of his best numbers all season.

Thought I'd be smart and go to the polling place an hour before work to get it over with.  Turns out there was already a huge line when I got here.  Stood in line for 15 minutes, in which time the line barely budged.

The place is less than 5 minutes from my house, so I'll try and come back at lunchtime...

3 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Thought I'd be smart and go to the polling place an hour before work to get it over with.  Turns out there was already a huge line when I got here.  Stood in line for 15 minutes, in which time the line barely budged.

The place is less than 5 minutes from my house, so I'll try and come back at lunchtime...

You got this. Let us know when you return!

9 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Assuming Biden wins, as seems likely, Trump's limp response to COVID and George Floyd were both events that permanently changed the nature of the race. Nothing else had a significant difference besides possibly the first presidential debate, to which we saw Biden get some of his best numbers all season.

I think history will see COVID and racism as the key issues of this election. I know there's probably already polls about that now, but hindsight often makes this clearer.

It should have been rampant corruption, the environment, and horrid foreign policy, but I can't really blame America for choosing the issues it seemingly chose.

11 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

same thing for me. The school is 3/4 mile from my house. The line had to be 1000 deep. I’m hoping this is the before work crowd and it will die down. I’m going to go back around 10:30. If I have to wait 5 hours I’m voting. 

• Thanks 1

I'll be voting after work at 2:30, i don't anticipate a huge crowd, we have a lot of poll places here, theres like 3 that i know of like 2 miles from my house, mine is like 1/2 a mile away, and this is not a densely populated area.  I've never waited to vote, and this year NY had a big surge in mail voting.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

ElckrmFU8AELHWU?format=jpg&name=large

Don’t jinx it you madman!!!

• Shocked 1