Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I fully approve of getting the pedi so no worries. I'm all for self-care! 

We’ve all earned it this year in particular 😘

Here's my point in a nutshell: electing Biden changes the Overton window on climate change back to something resembling sense. With Trump, the Overton window is nuked into staying at "climate change might not be real".

To me, that is the difference - with Trump, life will not go on due to this (or more accurately life will be severely hampered), with Biden, less so simply due to the Overton window change.

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

Are we going to create an election thread, or is this it?

1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

This might as well be it!

I think it'll be easier to keep up with a separate one. I honestly don't mind creating one, even if it's kind of a makeshift one (in the process of moving and this week is CRAZY).

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

See, he definitely wants to rule to throw out the ballots if only the GOP would file a better lawsuit. 

Nope, you’re reading that into it. He is saying he doesn’t like ruling against the plaintiffs on the standing issue because it doesn’t actually settle the underlying issues.

1 minute ago, Firewithin said:

truly a shocking outcome these days

It honestly isn’t. As much as this board is sure the courts will rubber stamp whatever tomfoolery helps the GOP win, they don’t actually work that way.

The suit was dumb on its face, it was a system agreed to and funded by a bipartisan consensus of county commissioners, and required all the other aspects of Texas election law. It was filed as a beyond Hail Mary attempt to suppress votes. It was even timed to give maximum damage with as little time for remedy as possible by the guy who filed it.

And the court would have ruled against the guy if he had even had standing for all those reasons and more.