Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

So:

- We won't know who won Alaska for at least a week unless Trump wins handily (probably safe to assume)

- If Arizona is really close, we might not know who won for a couple days

- Indiana's two biggest counties can't start processing absentee ballots until today

- absentee ballots in Maryland aren't due until Nov. 13

- Michigan expects not to have all of their votes counted until Friday

- Nevada only requires that mail-in ballots be postmarked by election day, and this is their first time using mail-in voting (in Oregon, mail-in ballots have to be received by election day)

- New Jersey, for some reason, isn't going to start counting in-person votes until *after* they've already counted their mail-in votes, which they can't start counting until today, so they're a mess

- New York doesn't start to count absentee ballots until Nov. 6

- Some counties in Pennsylvania won't start counting absentee votes until tomorrow, the state plans to know who won by Friday

- Utah won't know for a few days, probably

- Washington (another vote-by-mail state) allows ballots to be counted as late as Nov. 23. I'm assuming most people have already voted there, though.

So Arizona, Michigan, Nevada, and Pennsylvania might not know who won for a few days. The rest of the states we'll probably know/assume by the morning.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

Obviously it won't be forever...but I can't see the GOP winning back the House anytime soon. If, as it looks likely to happen, the Democrats take the Texas legislature, then that will likely add more seats to the safe, blue wall (undoing gerrymandering).

I mean, it's still possible, but California, New York, and Ilinois are already pretty safely blue. Texas and Florida are battleground states (Florida pretty much always has been, this is kind of a first for Texas). If Texas flips and turns into a blue state, I don't see any avenue for the Republicans winning another election in the foreseeable future. But even if Texas votes Biden this year, I wouldn't be ready to call them a blue state just yet. They could easily flip back in 2 or 4 years.

Jesus Christ.

I was just "treated" to what amounted to a phrenology lecture from my roommate who informed me that she could tell if a child was "intelligent" by looking at its face.

As in "When I go to Aldi and I see Hispanic or Middle-Eastern children, I can tell if they're smart by their face"

I'm so very glad she's looking for a new place to live.

• Guillotine 1
  • Haha 2