~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

Just now, Jason said:

These guy's seem to be doing their damnest to move the Overton Window so that gullitines for the rich and corrupt is considered the moderate compromise.

Just got done rewatching Buffy and I think my vote goes to Warrenizing them....

Spoiler

DirtyElasticAbalone-size_restricted.gif

So...The Fed says it is going to start buying individual corporate bonds...up to $750 billion.

The Federal Reserve is expanding its foray into corporate credit to now buy individual corporate bonds, on top of the exchange-traded funds it already is purchasing, the central bank announced Monday.

As part of a continuing effort to support market functioning and ease credit conditions, the Fed added functions to its Secondary Market Corporate Credit Facility.

Is that normal?

2 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

These guy's seem to be doing their damnest to move the Overton Window so that gullitines for the rich and corrupt is considered the moderate compromise.

Just got done rewatching Buffy and I think my vote goes to Warrenizing them....

Hide contents

DirtyElasticAbalone-size_restricted.gif

The higher the wealth, the higher the guillotine. 

Just now, Zaku3 said:

The higher the wealth, the higher the guillotine. 

That scale has always bothered me, though.

It seems to suggest that at the lower end of the utra wealthy you might drop the blade from only a foot up, go halfway through Shaq's fat neck, and you have a gruesome scene where he is screaming in pain for minutes while his head is still half attached.

Meanwhile, you drop it on Charles Koch's withered old paper mache neck from 20 feet up and *shiing*, sweet embrace of the void. Where's the justice in that?

Maybe the higher the wealth the duller the blade?

The higher the wealth, the worse the aim? Like, so that it falling diaganal to the face is a possibility.

Imagine like a reverse 3D printer where you start at the very top of the skull and then move down an inch for each drop of the blade.....

9022-3.gif

58 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

It seems to suggest that at the lower end of the utra wealthy you might drop the blade from only a foot up, go halfway through Shaq's fat neck, and you have a gruesome scene where he is screaming in pain for minutes while his head is still half attached.

Shaq GIF | Gfycat

Hes beyond the low level ultra wealthy

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Party pooper. 

Not even fifteen minutes later after walking down the street
When I saw the shadow of a man creep out out of sight
And then he swept up from behind, he put a gun up to my head
He made it clear he wasn't looking for a fight
He said, "Give me all you've got, I want your money not your life
But if you try to make a move I won't think twice"

That's my feeling towards it

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-16/trump-team-weighs-1-trillion-for-infrastructure-to-spur-economy

The Trump administration is preparing a nearly $1 trillion infrastructure proposal as part of its push to spur the world’s largest economy back to life, according to people familiar with the plan.

A preliminary version being prepared by the Department of Transportation would reserve most of the money for traditional infrastructure work, like roads and bridges, but would also set aside funds for 5G wireless infrastructure and rural broadband, the people said.

President Donald Trump is scheduled to discuss rural broadband access at a White House event on Thursday.

On 6/15/2020 at 1:01 AM, Ricofoley said:

The parent company of Men's Warehouse, Joseph A. Bank, and K&G might be the next retailer to file for bankruptcy

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/14/investing/mens-wearhouse-bankruptcy-threat/index.html

I had no idea that Men's Warehouse and Joseph A. Bank were effectively the same company!

JFC...the next stimulus might include a $4,000 travel voucher to stimulate the tourism sector, if the White House gets their way.

https://fox6now.com/2020/06/16/report-next-stimulus-package-could-include-4000-vacation-credit-second-check/

ORLANDO, Fla. (FOX 35) — As the tourism industry suffers amid the coronavirus pandemic, President Donald Trump has proposed an idea to give Americans a tax credit to be used toward a vacation to help boost the economy.

The president brought up the “Explore America” Tax Credit during a White House roundtable last month.

According to Forbes, the proposal could give up to $4,000 to Americans for vacation expenses in the U.S. “at hotels, theme parks, restaurants, and other tourism-related businesses through the end of 2021.”

“The credit would cover up to 50% of a household’s total vacation expenses, up to a maximum of four grand,” Forbes reported.

During the roundtable, President Trump described the plan as a “tax credit that Americans can use for domestic travel, including visits to restaurants. That’s a big deal.”

Yes, encourage people to travel around the country and spread the virus.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

JFC...the next stimulus might include a $4,000 travel voucher to stimulate the tourism sector, if the White House gets their way.

https://fox6now.com/2020/06/16/report-next-stimulus-package-could-include-4000-vacation-credit-second-check/

What if we all use it to visit the White House? I would love to “stimulate” their “sector”. 

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Good thing he doesn't own a bunch of hotels and resorts or else something like this might seem self-serving.

I'm sure millions of minimum wage workers living in paycheck to paycheck would love to have 50% of their vacations paid for... eyeroll

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yes. I would like to travel to a nice beach and take my family there. The beach is NOT Wildwood which is an hour drive away from me, and my family is NOT my fat beagle who might eat better than me.

I will take that four grand please.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I haven't been following this news closely, but they're maybe thinking about doing another $1,200 stimulus with possibly more strings attached this time....but they want 4,000 in a fucking vacation subsidy?!

I understand why it might be important to prop up the tourism business, but even without the dangers of travel giving three times as much away on subsidizing a trip to Disney World as you are giving to people who badly need money for food, rent, and utilities is so out of tune with reality that....well....I guess that's exactly what you'd expect in Trump's America.