~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

The PPP fix has passed both chambers. Main things are allows funds to be used over longer period and lowers the percentage needed to be used on payroll from 75% to 60%, which is much more reasonable.

Everything about this economy has me shrugging and realizing I have no idea anymore. I guess Bernanke was correct in thinking of this as a giant hurricane or whatever he said. A second wave would take some of the wind out of this rally, but nobody knows a damn thing. 

The U.S. entered a recession in February, according to the official economic arbiter

The worst U.S. downturn since the Great Depression is now officially a recession, according to the National Bureau of Economic Research.

Though it seemed a foregone conclusion, the NBER, the official arbiter of recessions, made the declaration Monday as the nation tries to recover from the coronavirus pandemic.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Littleronin said:

And wouldn't that put it before the start of stay-at-home orders?

1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

That's correct.

Weren't people already starting to react to coronavirus before the stay-at-home orders though?