~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

SMA community is starting to panic, a lot of hospitals are cancelling Spinraza doses. There is a good argument that the dose is too low or not frequent enough, so going beyond the normal 4 month period is going to really suck, especially since a pulmonary infection is not the ideal time for a muscular decline. 

• Sad 3

17 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Here's an optimistic... ish (?) Twitter thread pushing back against that Imperial study somewhat. Let's hope.

That would require a level of coordination this White House had yet to even come close to achieving. We still don't have enough tests to cover even suspected cases, let alone one for every American.

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Just to provide a contrast to the GOP, in Canada the response to this crisis has been near-unanimous, with the conservative groups and parties all cooperating with the government. Here is a notable right-wing pundit/reporter actually praising the government for it's actions and plans:

Even noted imbecile Doug Ford is on board:

absolutsurgen is the only guy who disapproves

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-waives-certain-regulations-to-allow-delivery-of-alcohol-from-restaurants-and-to-support-hospitality-industry

Governor Greg Abbott today issued a waiver that will allow restaurants to deliver alcoholic beverages with food purchases to patrons, including beer, wine, and mixed drinks.

The Governor also directed the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) to waive certain provisions to allow manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers of alcoholic beverages to repurchase or sell back unopened product. 

These waivers are in response to the financial hardship caused by COVID-19 that has disproportionately affected the hospitality industry. 

"The State of Texas is committed to supporting retailers, restaurants, and their employees," said Governor Abbott. "These waivers will allow restaurants to provide enhanced delivery options to consumers during this temporary period of social distancing."

Under this waiver, effective immediately, restaurants with a mixed beverage permit may sell beer, wine, or mixed drinks for delivery as long as they are accompanied by food purchased from the restaurant. 

The buy-back waiver allows alcohol distributors and manufacturers to repurchase excess inventory from restaurants, bars, and clubs affected by event cancellations due to COVID-19.

Texas has some dumb booze laws, so this is welcomed.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Up until 15 years ago, bars in South Carolina were not allowed to make drinks with regular sized bottles of liquor.  Instead, they had to use the airliner sized mini-bottles.  

My sister works at a local grocery stores higher end hot food service area (Fortinos for Canadian users) As of today they are no longer allowed to serve at their station  and will be moved elsewhere in store to work. Sister is being thrown over to help with the curb side grocery deliveries in the parking lot. 

6 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

While it stunk to hear that it's in Congress, I feel like it was an inevitability considering how the building/seats are set up. I've actually been very happy to see even guys I dislike -- Ted Cruz, for example -- self-quarantining.

Walmart Wolverine is probably immune to most diseases anyways. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

While it stunk to hear that it's in Congress, I feel like it was an inevitability considering how the building/seats are set up. I've actually been very happy to see even guys I dislike -- Ted Cruz, for example -- self-quarantining.

Maybe someone could convince him he should self-immolate for the good of the country.

7 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Governor Abbott isn’t taking decisive action. He says that each city should make their own decisions regarding closures.  Yet this is precisely the opposite thing he says when he campaigns against local paid sick leave and other local ordinances so we don’t turn Texas into California. 

Abbott is being a little bitch. This isn’t the time for good old “small government” Texas. There are a lot of municipalities that aren’t large cities that don’t what they’re doing and are not taking the appropriate action. San Antonio only just recently mandated non essential closures. We need a statewide order.  

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

absolutsurgen is the only guy who disapproves

I disapprove with how long it took them to do it.  (Canada's cases are still largely caused by returning travelers.)  If he had acted sooner to quarantine returning travelers (particularly from Tehran), the extreme actions he has had to institute now probably would have a much shorter duration.

Edit:  His responses from 2-weeks ago.

Out of no where I got a work email to join a conference call at noon today. Usually we have days or even weeks notice before doing one of these, but this just happened out of blue 30 minutes ago. Typing from my car as I drop off a few items to stores. I wonder if this might be the last time I will be doing this for a while. Thankfully the company has already said they will be paying us if we are told to stay home. I guess I shall update afterwards to say if anything is different or it’s just a simple Be Safe Out There sort of pep talk

3 hours ago, silentbob said:

My sister works at a local grocery stores higher end hot food service area (Fortinos for Canadian users) As of today they are no longer allowed to serve at their station  and will be moved elsewhere in store to work. Sister is being thrown over to help with the curb side grocery deliveries in the parking lot. 

is she hot

• Confused 1