~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

4 minutes ago, Jose said:

I sometimes wonder about if stepee's posting quality has declined over the years or if I have simply outgrown it.

No, those memories are real, the effort has gone significantly down (tbf I normally never shit post here, only asylum because it’s been dead for years).

2 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

To be fair, all of us single people who don’t have the luxury of being quarantined with a significant other are going to be perpetually horny for a long time.

I've been playing the long game all this time. My dick has always been self-quarantined. I was born for this. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

To be fair, all of us single people who don’t have the luxury of being quarantined with a significant other are going to be perpetually horny for a long time.

i would rather be bored by myself than in a house full of kids like most of my friends :p 

they a losing their minds and it hasnt even been a week

14 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

i would rather be bored by myself than in a house full of kids like most of my friends :p 

they a losing their minds and it hasnt even been a week

This is the nightmare scenario for people who raised annoying children. Unfortunately, it’s too late and they will have to suffer.

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-reports-43-new-covid-19-cases-provincial-total-rises-to-257-1.4859629
:( Sadly this morning Ontario (Canada) is reporting 43 new cases which is a spike from yesterday. The province is still in good shape with only 257 total cases (including 5 recoveries) spanning a pretty large area but the thing to watch is if the new cases start to go exponential. ATM about 1/3 of the new cases are connected to travel or direct contact with a known case and the remaining 2/3 are under further investigation. 

13 minutes ago, chakoo said:

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-reports-43-new-covid-19-cases-provincial-total-rises-to-257-1.4859629
:( Sadly this morning Ontario (Canada) is reporting 43 new cases which is a spike from yesterday. The province is still in good shape with only 257 total cases (including 5 recoveries) spanning a pretty large area but the thing to watch is if the new cases start to go exponential. ATM about 1/3 of the new cases are connected to travel or direct contact with a known case and the remaining 2/3 are under further investigation. 

In yesterday's briefing, they clarified that in the 10:30 update, most of the cases would show pending, but by 5:30, it would be updated.  The reality was, they are being entered into the system as the tests come back positive, before the local health system can look into them at all.  True to form in the 5:30 update , yesterday's cases in Ontario were almost exclusively explained by travel and/or close contact with another known case.  (As of yesterday, 92% of the total cases could be directly explained.)

Link directly to the Ontario details.

Just now, AbsolutSurgen said:

In yesterday's briefing, they clarified that in the 10:30 update, most of the cases would show pending, but by 5:30, it would be updated.  The reality was, they are being entered into the system as the tests come back positive, before the local health system can look into them at all.  True to form in the 5:30 update , yesterday's cases in Ontario were almost exclusively explained by travel and/or close contact with another known case.  (As of yesterday, 92% of the total cases could be directly explained.)

Even though large numbers continue to be reported, it thankfully remains linear.

10 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Thanks for the link. I know the reported cases come in before they've fully tracked down how the person got sick. It's encouraging that they can confirm 1/3 of them so quickly. I'm certain most will be pegged at travel or direct contact. If community spread is kept super low then then we could be in a good place 2-3 weeks out after the full repercussions of closing the border kicks in. 

1 minute ago, chakoo said:

Thanks for the link. I know the reported cases come in before they've fully tracked down how the person got sick. It's encouraging that they can confirm 1/3 of them so quickly. I'm certain most will pegged at travel or direct contact. If community spread is kept super low then then we could be in a good place 2-3 weeks out after the full repercussions of closing the border kicks in. 

In order for community transmitted COVID-19 to stay low, we need returning travellers to take self-isolation seriously.  There is some evidence, that this is not happening.

Experimental drug holds promise for treating the coronavirus

There are early signs that an experimental treatment for people who become very sick from the coronavirus may start working within 24 hours of the first dose.

The treatment, an antiviral therapy called remdesivir, is thought to work by blocking the virus from reproducing itself in the body.

"It basically stops the production of the virus," Dr. Gregory Poland, an infectious diseases expert and director of the Mayo Clinic's Vaccine Research Group in Rochester, Minnesota, told NBC News.

Preliminarily, it seems at least two hospitalized patients who got the drug started to feel better the next day.

I am really hoping the clinical tests come out positive, and that governments will expeditated approval so we can shorten the crisis.

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

In order for community transmitted COVID-19 to stay low, we need returning travellers to take self-isolation seriously.  There is some evidence, that this is not happening.

One must get from the airport to home to self isolate. :p The shit that worries me is on sunday I went to a local coffee shop to grab a cup to go and the place was full of people hanging out. -.- I've now switched to making pour over at home.

59 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

Funny but also I hate this bullshit. A company does not need to monitor their employees. You set out an agreed amount of work to be done w/ KPI and providing it gets done then who the fuck cares. If the  work is not complete then you hold the employee accountable for what they agreed to do. Tracking and monitoring software just ultimately makes things far worse. I worked for a small VR startup that tried to pull this shit. When they question me why I wasn't at my desk for a while I straight up told them their tracking software is slowing down my builds and I'm stuck waiting for them to complete (they played coy and then immediately removed the software from my computer).