~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

29 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Church would be my guess

Yeah, in Massachusetts even Baker admits that churches are becoming super spreader events. I know of thirteen people from my church that are sick, and that includes my sister and her husband and my brother-in-law. We were just talking to me sister-in-law and she tells me that her pastor along with a bunch of the leadership at her church are all sick with COVID.

It's the combination of anti-science rhetoric combined with the belief that God will protect us.

28 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Yeah, in Massachusetts even Baker admits that churches are becoming super spreader events. I know of thirteen people from my church that are sick, and that includes my sister and her husband and my brother-in-law. We were just talking to me sister-in-law and she tells me that her pastor along with a bunch of the leadership at her church are all sick with COVID.

It's the combination of anti-science rhetoric combined with the belief that God will protect us.

It would be extremely funny if a bunch of preachers having their congregation come back in person got covid and died but their congregation did not die

It won't happen but it's a funny thing to think about

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It would be extremely funny if a bunch of preachers having their congregation come back in person got covid and died but their congregation did not die

If you're hoping for some humor, just wait to watch all the televangelists explain why Biden is president to their congregations.

56 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

And the fact they think its gods will that they die

“I know God needed her more than I did and with open arms, we gave her to God last night,” her brother said.

29 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

1ca53c7cd6404509573665479542ac4d
NEWS.YAHOO.COM

An associate pastor at Water of Life Community Church dies of COVID-19 weeks after the church resumed indoor worship despite state restrictions.

Following California's original stay-at-home order imposed in March, the state allowed houses of worship to reopen in late May with limited indoor capacity. But after a surge in cases in the late spring and early summer, state officials closed indoor operations of churches in mid-July in the hardest-hit counties. Water of Life Community Church defied that order, however, and reopened five weeks ago.

DePaola said county officials knew the church was holding services indoors. "The county is aware we are meeting inside," she said. "We're not trying to break rules. They know what we're doing."

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SimpleG said:
1ca53c7cd6404509573665479542ac4d
NEWS.YAHOO.COM

An associate pastor at Water of Life Community Church dies of COVID-19 weeks after the church resumed indoor worship despite state restrictions.

Following California's original stay-at-home order imposed in March, the state allowed houses of worship to reopen in late May with limited indoor capacity. But after a surge in cases in the late spring and early summer, state officials closed indoor operations of churches in mid-July in the hardest-hit counties. Water of Life Community Church defied that order, however, and reopened five weeks ago.

DePaola said county officials knew the church was holding services indoors. "The county is aware we are meeting inside," she said. "We're not trying to break rules. They know what we're doing."

I don't see why the state can't just compel the electric or water companies to cut off their utilities to force compliance

My brother and his family went to a Christmas party last night where I counted THIRTY people in the picture that was posted on Instagram. My nephew has a birthday party on Saturday and there’s no way I could ever talk my dad out of attending. My brother really just doesn’t care that he is putting our high-risk dad in danger. 

• Sad 3

19 minutes ago, johnny said:

My brother and his family went to a Christmas party last night where I counted THIRTY people in the picture that was posted on Instagram. My nephew has a birthday party on Saturday and there’s no way I could ever talk my dad out of attending. My brother really just doesn’t care that he is putting our high-risk dad in danger. 

It's going to take suck between now and mid-January. My son turns five in a couple of weeks. Still not having anyone over. I'll just set up like a projector or something in the dining room with Zoom hooked up.

So, based on historical testing, it seems that 30 days after diagnoses, the death rate is 1.8% for new cases (which fits historical testing and deaths 30 days after). The actual mortality rate seems to be closer to 1%, but we are missing almost 1/2 of all cases. Based on that, the daily death count on Jan 5 in the US will be around 3,690. :| 

You can roughly apply this rule to any place that is doing enough testing to be below 8-10% positivity. Fuck.

19 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Man, Rudy is up there with Trump, Grassley, and Christie as GOPers who just look very high risk for the virus.

Rudy doesn't look healthy at all.

All my life, I knew Giuliani to look like this, with fewer or more wrinkles depending on the year:

fill-661x496

Giuliani-campaign-workers-skip-paychecks

But he really blew up in his old age, hasn't he?

merlin_138882729_4d5e5d65-344c-4dbf-b39a

katyburns-cmforum-012620-ph01