~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

8 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

All my life, I knew Giuliani to look like this, with fewer or more wrinkles depending on the year:

fill-661x496

Giuliani-campaign-workers-skip-paychecks

But he really blew up in his old age, hasn't he?

merlin_138882729_4d5e5d65-344c-4dbf-b39a

katyburns-cmforum-012620-ph01

I guess cousin-fucking is the secret to looking young.

24 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

A coworker who had it 2 months ago also said her smell and taste is still gone.

I remember when I got swine flu, everything had a metallic-y taste for like 6 months. Or maybe my sense of taste never fully came back and I just got used to it, who knows. Taste buds are weird.

201206162924-giuliani-georgia-state-capi
WWW.CNN.COM

Responding to President Donald Trump's tweet that Rudy Giuliani has tested positive for coronavirus, Dr. Megan Ranney says that Giuliani could have potentially exposed "hundreds and hundreds" of people to the virus during a recent trip to Atlanta. CNN has reached out to Giuliani for comment.

• Guillotine 1

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Hey, I went out to eat with a couple coworkers last month, but I tipped well.

It's only the second time I've eaten out since Feb, though. I went for my birthday back in August. Ah, well.

Did you tip well because you demanded to see your server’s hot face?

1 minute ago, LazyPiranha said:

Did you tip well because you demanded to see your server’s hot face?

Nah. I could tell he was a handsome Latino even with the mask on. :p 

But, really, my practice is to tip well. I hate tipping culture and think everyone should just be paid a living wage, but I’m not going to punish the server for a shit system. 

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Nah. I could tell he was a handsome Latino even with the mask on. :p 

But, really, my practice is to tip well. I hate tipping culture and think everyone should just be paid a living wage, but I’m not going to punish the server for a shit system. 

At least 20% no matter what. I was a server and busser back in the day. Work sucked and pay was the only decent thing about the job. Paying that shit forward.

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

At least 20% no matter what. I was a server and busser back in the day. Work sucked and pay was the only decent thing about the job. Paying that shit forward.

20% is my standard. Exceptional service gets 25-30%. 

I have tipped 10%, but that’s only been a couple times and for exceptionally shitty service. As in, the place wasn’t remotely busy and we just got blatantly ignored. Dunn what that was about. Actually, I think the manager just gave us the meal on the house that time, so I suppose we didn’t leave anything on that occasion. So maybe I’ve never tipped that low now that I really think about it. 

Thankfully, I’ve never been a server. I would have sucked at that job. I can hardly balance patient trays. :lol: And I don’t respond well when people are being dicks, so if my wage depending on being nice to assholes, I’d have starved. Or been fired quickly. :p I get treated poorly enough by some patients and that’s after earning a four year degree. :/ 

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

What do you do as a minimum? As in, if 20% would be super low because the base amount was super low.

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

What do you do as a minimum? As in, if 20% would be super low because the base amount was super low.

If the bill is less than $10 or so I go $2. $1 for pouring a beer no matter the price though, I don't really get cocktails but depends on how complicated that drink is for tip.

But there's a decent buffer here because in prepared meals and drinks there's 11.3% tax and my tip is on top of that

11 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

If the bill is less than $10 or so I go $2. $1 for pouring a beer no matter the price though, I don't really get cocktails but depends on how complicated that drink is for tip.

But there's a decent buffer here because in prepared meals and drinks there's 11.3% tax and my tip is on top of that

My floor for table service is $3. I'm with you on $1 a beer though. The weirdest one to figure out was this place where I became a regular and they'd routinely just comp my entire tab. It was beer, but the comps...it's been a long time now but I think I settled on laying down cash for what the pretax would have been if they'd actually rung me up (erring on the side of preferring going over if I'd lost track of what that would have been). Maybe like slightly less, e.g. lay down $50 if pretax would have been $60? Either I remember having to make a point of showing up with extra cash than I'd necessarily normally carry when I'd go there. :lol: Especially since when it was slower one guy in particular would start pouring me free shit unprompted, "dude you have to try this you'll love it"! 

I do tips on pretax though. In Los Angeles County the tax is right around 10% (varies slightly depending on city) so it's easy to just double the tax.

Actually I think the first time it happened I actually leaned across the bar and asked the bartender if the amount I was handing over was okay for the situation, because it was probably like a $60-$70 tab and I had no idea what to do beyond the basic idea of "hand over cash". :lol: Which in hindsight probably endeared me to the staff even more--initially it was one guy who I recognized from a crossfit class, then it branched out into most of the behind the bar people knowing me.

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

Not that it would affect the totals too much, but Sweden is by far the biggest country on that list. I don't know what they mean by similarly sized.

10 million people in Sweden vs ~5.5 million per country for the other three is definitely similarly sized.