~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

15 hours ago, Brick said:

This vaccine development is certainly exciting news, especially with the stated 95% effectiveness, but it makes me wonder how all this is done exactly. Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, or anti vaxxer, but how exactly is testing done in order to make sure that a vaccine is effective, lasts, and doesn't have any negative side effects, like giving you cancer in 20 years? Again, I'm not trying to sound like an anti vaxxer (get your fucking shots!), I'm wondering from a genuine sense of curiosity of what the vaccine development process is like for any vaccine. Anyone have any knowledge of this kind of stuff? 

It's not widely know but the truth is they use

Spoiler

latest?cb=20171106012206

• Haha 1

121908747_1045318232636130_5548690113024
FB.WATCH

Attention Retro Fitness members: We are closing at 3 o’clock today for deep cleaning. A member earlier this morning tested positive so it is mandatory we...

:| The guy got a test on Tuesday, and continued to come in both Tuesday and Wednesday despite knowing he was waiting on results. There’s a digital thing you have to fill out before entering the gym every day with a list of covid-related questions such as “were you around someone who has symptoms and/or a positive Covid-19 test in the past 14-days?”, the guy obviously lied. I hope they kick him out. 

4 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:
Staten-Island-bar-owner-speaks-out.png?w
WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Owner Keith McAlarney and his attorney showed up at the bar Wednesday morning, saying he's not happy but he'll follow the rules and switch to takeout only.

When asked why he thought he could ignore the rules aged Cypher from the Matrix replied, "Ignorance is bliss".

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Next week is my works Christmas Dinner at a very nice restaurant. I think I'll be going.....YOLO? :s

Instead of doing any sort of holiday party this year, my work has opted to do virual events starting next week.  I signed up for an (at home) wine tasting event, cocktail making seminar, lego building, and sign making.   All of the stuff is shipped directly to my house, and when the event starts, you hop onto a video conference with everyone else who signed up. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Instead of doing any sort of holiday party this year, my work has opted to do virual events starting next week.  I signed up for an (at home) wine tasting event, cocktail making seminar, lego building, and sign making.   All of the stuff is shipped directly to my house, and when the event starts, you hop onto a video conference with everyone else who signed up. 

That's cool. We are still trying to figure out what to do for ours. Maybe some sort of jackbox tournament over discord or something.

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:
121908747_1045318232636130_5548690113024
FB.WATCH

Attention Retro Fitness members: We are closing at 3 o’clock today for deep cleaning. A member earlier this morning tested positive so it is mandatory we...

:| The guy got a test on Tuesday, and continued to come in both Tuesday and Wednesday despite knowing he was waiting on results. There’s a digital thing you have to fill out before entering the gym every day with a list of covid-related questions such as “were you around someone who has symptoms and/or a positive Covid-19 test in the past 14-days?”, the guy obviously lied. I hope they kick him out. 

This happen in canada as well. A guy was feeling a little off and went to get tested then decided to hit the gym while waiting for the results. They came back positive. :| 

People need to seriously face jail time or fines for this or it's going to keep happening.

56 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Next week is my works Christmas Dinner at a very nice restaurant. I think I'll be going.....YOLO? :s

Seriously, don't even if it was an outdoor event. My company is looking to do a UberEats Zoom lunch & Games afternoon as a holiday event.

12 minutes ago, chakoo said:

This happen in canada as well. A guy was feeling a little off and went to get tested then decided to hit the gym while waiting for the results. They came back positive. :| 

People need to seriously face jail time or fines for this or it's going to keep happening.

I know who it is only because my fiancé works there. This mother fucker used to literally lick the palms of his hands between sets. Thankfully the mask mandate at least prevents that. 

Oh wait, never mind. Independent counts (not entirely relying on under-reported public government releases, but rather local numbers added together) show the US has already passed 3,000/day yesterday:

5000.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

New cases exceed 200,000 on same day, with 90% of hospitals said to be at stretched capacity

• Shocked 1

Also, the long-term affects on lungs appears to be horrible. We are talking COPD-like effects for millions of people around the world:

_115746107_mediaitem115746106.jpg
WWW.BBC.COM

Researchers are to investigate whether young people and those not in hospital could be affected.

But hey, i aM yOuNg, i'M nOt gOiNg tO dIe

11 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Also, the long-term affects on lungs appears to be horrible. We are talking COPD-like effects for millions of people around the world:

_115746107_mediaitem115746106.jpg
WWW.BBC.COM

Researchers are to investigate whether young people and those not in hospital could be affected.

But hey, i aM yOuNg, i'M nOt gOiNg tO dIe

This is exactly why I find being "okay with" any high number of cases per day to be absolutely baffling. 

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:
4048.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Pair arrested on second-degree reckless endangerment charges after boarding flight from San Francisco with four-year-old son

Jesus fucking Christ.

3 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

When asked why he thought he could ignore the rules aged Cypher from the Matrix replied, "Ignorance is bliss".

Underappreciated post, imo.

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Interesting. I'm not 100% sure whether having ulcerative colitis and being on an immunosuppressant qualifies as "Covid-related health risks" (according to my doctor, UC patients on my specific medication have been doing relatively okay if they get COVID). On the national level it's the difference between 23 million people ahead of me and 268.7 million people ahead of me. I guess I know what I'm asking my doctor sometime soon.

5 minutes ago, johnny said:

based on this, I'm behind 135 million people

my father would be behind 23 million people

I'm around 269 million. But honestly, that's based on how it *should*. When in reality I'm an educated white male who is gainfully employed, so I'd probably end up vaccinated a lot higher.

1 minute ago, ThreePi said:

I'm around 269 million. But honestly, that's based on how it *should*. When in reality I'm an educated white male who is gainfully employed, so I'd probably end up vaccinated a lot higher.

Mine must be because I'm in California. If i switch it from teacher to none of these i only drop from 135 to 144. And no Covid-related health risks.