~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

28 minutes ago, 69los said:

Here are the rest of her tweets.

I want to slowly peel DeSantis's skin from his body.

DeSantis is such a worthless piece of shit. The Republican party is responsible for so many deaths. They are America's greatest mass-murderers.*

*Of Americans obviously. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:
noemkristi_008262020hilltv.jpg
THEHILL.COM

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R), whose profile has risen nationally during the coronavirus pandemic, made several out-of-state appearances this weekend amid an ongoing outbreak in the state, according to The Associated Press.

Fleeing jurisdiction. She is a murderer after all.

Looking back again at the woman getting raided in Florida and DeSantis covering things up, what also gets me pissed off is that this false impression of Florida doing well reverberates well outside Florida. You see people here in Los Angeles whining about "but states like Florida that are open are doing at worst as bad as we are, maybe even better, why can't we be open too?" And I know my ex kept hammering how things were going well in Florida before our breakup over the summer to justify doing things like going inside her sister's apartment for dinner (and to accuse me of overreacting when I got upset about it) and I'm sure she's still using that as a justification to do stupid unsafe shit right now.

I'm sure TONS of people are being induced into making bad decisions right now by hearing tiny little tidbits of news about states like Florida even if they don't live there. Likewise with creating impressions of things like masks not making a difference. 

In some good news (since there will be many people who forget to—or choose to not to—receive the second dose), the Pfizer vaccine provides strong protection after the first dose. Something like 50% after the first dose, and 95% after the second:

08virus-fda-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpg
NYTI.MS

The Food and Drug Administration’s first analysis of the clinical trial data also found that the coronavirus vaccine worked well regardless of a volunteer’s race, weight or age.

• Thanks 1

Of the current vaccines out/coming, if you could choose which one you received, which would you choose? Why? Obviously, I think pretty much all (if not all) of us are fine with any of them - but, if your doctor says “I have pfizer or moderna available, which should I schedule you for?” what’s your response?

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Of the current vaccines out/coming, if you could choose which one you received, which would you choose? Why? Obviously, I think pretty much all (if not all) of us are fine with any of them - but, if your doctor says “I have pfizer or moderna available, which should I schedule you for?” what’s your response?

Both at the same time, straight into my eyes.

I don't know yet, but I am 90% sure I have covid. I have lost my sense of taste(make your joke here) and smell and I feel like I have a very weak cold. The loss of my senses is very weird. Like, it doesn't feel like I have lost my sense of smell, but I can't even smell the soap I used to wash my hands, and I can't smell the smell of my own shit. The loss of taste is weird too. It is like eating or drinking the ghost of something. 

• Sad 10

37 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

"Just pick one, I don't give a shit."

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I don't know yet, but I am 90% sure I have covid. I have lost my sense of taste(make your joke here) and smell and I fee like I have a very weak cold. The loss of my senses is very weird. Like, it doesn't feel like I have lost my sense of smell, but I can't even smell the soap I used to wash my hands, and I can't smell the smell of my own shit. The loss of taste is weird too. It is like eating or drinking the ghost of something. 

Don't mix up your soap and poo!

Bit in all seriousness, I hope everything is okay.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

I'd like to see a review of the science but I'd be ok with either one.

This Is a good article on the pfizer vaccine the summarizes what the fda is looking at

covid-que-20200507.jpg
WWW.CBC.CA

The Canadian military is preparing for possible deployment of troops in the Prairie provinces, potentially as early as Saturday in Alberta, to assist with their responses to the COVID-19 pandemic, CBC News has learned. 

They are currently training in how to deal with dying patients. The assumption is they will be deployed to long term care facilities like they were in Quebec, months ago. Alberta has also apparently requested the military be ready for deployment of field hospitals as their hospitals could be overrun soon.

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

From what I've seen Pfizer vs Moderna shouldn't be a big difference, it's other vaccines vs those two that may be a bigger question mark, like the Astrozeneca one. 

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I'd like to see a review of the science but I'd be ok with either one.

This Is a good article on the pfizer vaccine the summarizes what the fda is looking at

I used those two as a random example, I’m asking out of any, including the yet-to-be officially approved ones.  :p 

30 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I don't know why they'd fear it now, every fucking party they have seems to be some kind of superspreader event.  Going to a gathering at the White House in the second half of 2020 is the best way to get COVID.

And then have staffers complain how their health is now at risk like they weren't also there without masks

32 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

And then have staffers complain how their health is now at risk like they weren't also there without masks

I look forward to the next four year of puff pieces about former Trump staffers being treated like lepers in post-Trump DC--not being able to get dates, invited to parties, etc.

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This will not happen.

The shunning, not the stories.

It's definitely not going to happen at the level of people working close to the president or vice president but I do think it'll happen at the level of the 20-something/early-30s lower-level staffers (which is also the level the puff pieces I've seen have been aimed at).

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

I don't know yet, but I am 90% sure I have covid. I have lost my sense of taste(make your joke here) and smell and I feel like I have a very weak cold. The loss of my senses is very weird. Like, it doesn't feel like I have lost my sense of smell, but I can't even smell the soap I used to wash my hands, and I can't smell the smell of my own shit. The loss of taste is weird too. It is like eating or drinking the ghost of something. 

@Commissar SFLUFAN buy this man Cyberpunk already, he’ll need it in quarantine.