~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

11 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The video has been taken down (I have it running in the background right now), otherwise I would post the link here.  The video is from a conspiracy theory whack-job.  So far, he has compared vaccines to Thalidomide, said he would take remdesivir over a vaccine (because he trusts annecdotes more than politicians), etc.

He says -- "It's not Covid that is killing us, it's fear."  He recommends people rise up against shutdowns.

He suggests that China caused the virus so that Chinese pharmaceuticals could profit by making a vaccine.

"How can we trust a government to produce a vaccine, when they haven't gone after the perpatrator of the crime [China]."

He disputes evolution.  "If you believe you came from a monkey, you sir are a monkey."

He suggests its in the realm of possibility that nanotechnology could connect to 5G, and its not out of the realm of possibility that nanobots could be delivered in a vaccine.

TBH, I can't stand to listen to it anymore.

Ahh.

ok, well im speaking about actual risks. Its ridiculous to see others going off on people for asking questions. Real or not, the media has put questions in peoples minds. And things like “affects on fertility unknown” rightfully scare people.

Compliance is going to be bad. 

also, claiming this wasn’t rushed? Really? Don’t get me wrong, we really, really need it. But we are not getting a thoroughly tested vaccine. 

7 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yikes. And of those 61%, how many are going to only take the first dose and say "eh, good enough," and then not be immune but act like they are?

All them anti-vaxxer moms putting men into the lead. 

Maybe we'll get this life expectancy thing back in our favor. 

8 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Ahh.

ok, well im speaking about actual risks. Its ridiculous to see others going off on people for asking questions. Real or not, the media has put questions in peoples minds. And things like “affects on fertility unknown” rightfully scare people.

Compliance is going to be bad. 

also, claiming this wasn’t rushed? Really? Don’t get me wrong, we really, really need it. But we are not getting a thoroughly tested vaccine. 

What would a discussion of the "actual risks" look like?  Where did the comments on "affects on fertility unknown" come from?  Do you have a link?  The only things I have ever seen wrt fertility are from conspiracy theorists.

Clearly the tests aren't long enough to assess long term durability of the immunity.  Other than that, what tests do you think they didn't do that would normally do for a vaccine?

36 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

What would a discussion of the "actual risks" look like?  Where did the comments on "affects on fertility unknown" come from?  Do you have a link?  The only things I have ever seen wrt fertility are from conspiracy theorists.

Clearly the tests aren't long enough to assess long term durability of the immunity.  Other than that, what tests do you think they didn't do that would normally do for a vaccine?

Again, Moderna’s vaccine literally says “effects on fertility unknown”. Normally there would be a much longer test period to ensure there are no long term effects. We don’t get that luxury this time, we need this vaccine. But compliance will be low because people don’t trust it. Pretending everyone who is worried about a vaccine that has been billed as “rushed” by the media is a conspiracy theorist is wrong. Im still going ti get it, but A large percentage will refuse. 

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Again, Moderna’s vaccine literally says “effects on fertility unknown”. Normally there would be a much longer test period to ensure there are no long term effects. We don’t get that luxury this time, we need this vaccine. But compliance will be low because people don’t trust it. Pretending everyone who is worried about a vaccine that has been billed as “rushed” by the media is a conspiracy theorist is wrong. Im still going ti get it, but A large percentage will refuse. 

Again, can you provide a link to where Moderna says this?  Again, the only place I have been able to find a claim like this is from conspiracy theorists.  [I am not claiming you're wrong, merely that I can't find it from a credible source.  Even a search on the word "fertility" on Moderna's site does not bring up any results for me.]

Again, what test period for long-term "effects" do you think happens for vaccines?  Adverse reactions to vaccines are very short-term, these aren't exotic chemicals that we need to understand how they impact the body.  Everything I have read from virologists/immunologists has said there is no reason to suspect that there is any risk to these vaccines.  If you have a link, or an opinion from a credible source that says there are normally tests for "long-term effects" that weren't done here, I would love to see it.

IMHO, the biggest risk we have to people refusing the vaccine is the perception that it is somehow unsafe.  Based on their own intuition of how a vaccine safety is tested, rather than what experts who are involved in the actual process are saying.

20 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Based on the Worldometer list, we're now up to 11 states where at least 1 out of every 1,000 people have died. New Jersey is getting close to 1 out of 500.

Yeah when people kept posting those ND stats, I looked up how NJ compared and I was pretty stunned.

So two things to post, which I'll break up. The first:

COVID%20business%20restrictions%20sign%2
INSIGHTS.SOM.YALE.EDU

New research from Yale SOM’s Heather Tookes and Matthew Spiegel finds that mask mandates, closing restaurants, and stay-at-home orders are all effective at saving lives, but other commonly used measures can actually worsen the spread of the pandemic.

The things that reliably reduce deaths:

• Mask mandates (not recommendations, mandates)
  • Closing restaurants
  • Stay-at-home orders
  • Limiting gatherings to 10 or less
  • Closing gyms

The things that increased deaths:

• Limiting gatherings to 100 or less
  • Closing low-risk businesses (clothing stores, book stores, etc)
  • Allowing outdoor gatherings at parks and beaches

The data shows that places that allow gatherings over 10 simply had people maxing out those limits and spreading the disease. When people were banned from doing all out-of-the-home low-risk activities (such as bookstores, clothing shopping, etc), they instead went to higher-risk places such as their friends' homes. Beaches and parks were a source of spread due to large gatherings and socializing that took place at them. 

The thing that didn't seem to affect things either way (assuming mask mandate and distancing):

• Schools being open

The study also found that the measures applied equally to all densities of living (cities or rural counties). The theoretical conclusion of the analysis by Yale is that the perfect solution is everyone staying at home...but people won't do that for long. So if you let them do some lower-risk activities while wearing masks (such as small gatherings, low-risk shopping, etc) then you can reduce the spread more than by not allowing anything (because people are more likely to break the rules and have larger gatherings, etc).

Very interesting. But masks, capping gatherings, and closing restaurants/gyms are the main takeaway from this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The second:

106797053-16054524002020-11-15t041005z_1
WWW.NBCCONNECTICUT.COM

Health researchers said that the expected vaccine rollout only reduces the death toll by 9,000 before April 1 and said a rapid rollout targeting high-risk people could save 14,000 more lives.

539,000 dead by Apr 1 in the US. The vaccine, even if rolled out starting this month, will only save 9,000-14,000 lives. This is because it won't have reached a critical level of herd immunity until a large % of the population (60-75%) has received it or been infected (basically it will only protect the people who have received it, until then).

I really think that a big part of why specifically like 55-60-ish year old men being the core base of the absolute most toxic, bullying politics in the country are in large part an inability to cope with their dicks not working anymore. A bunch of these type of dudes already in the "masks are tyranny" crowd, getting COVID as a result of not wearing masks, and then getting ED because of it is probably not gonna lead to anything good.

1 minute ago, Ricofoley said:

I really think that a big part of why specifically like 55-60-ish year old men being the core base of the absolute most toxic, bullying politics in the country are in large part an inability to cope with their dicks not working anymore. A bunch of these type of dudes already in the "masks are tyranny" crowd, getting COVID as a result of not wearing masks, and then getting ED because of it is probably not gonna lead to anything good.

Let's be real... with the shape most American men are in, their dicks stop functioning properly LOOOONG before their 50's and 60's. Try late 30's and 40's.

• Like 1

I never appreciated how bad to the ego ED could be until one day it happened (anxiety like crazy that day). Yup, never want that again.

fuck you covid, fuck you aging, fuck you cardiovascular disease, fuck you standard American diet - the ween must rise. 

3 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

Expect an increase in gun sales.