~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

12 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Actors are some of the dumbest people on the planet.

There's a few good ones, mark ruffalo comes to mind, but by and large they're (basically) just pretty faces that can recite lines. Which is why it's no great shock that 2/4 past republican president have been actors!

3 minutes ago, Jason said:
Blank_3000_x_1688_1_gwotn9
WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

Three months later she wrote an op-ed blasting those who support government bailouts.

Well that's not a handout, it's grift. The difference is that a handout goes to people who are lazy, while grifts go to people who are clever (according to people who grift).

25 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

So questioning a rushed vaccine isn’t ok? C’mon now. 

i think it was the Moderna vaccine report I read that literally said, “effects on fertility are unknown”. We definitely need a vaccine, but people certainly have the right to question if this is safe.

"Unknown" simply means it hasn't been tested. It's why most drugs for most diseases aren't approved for children or pregnant women...there is nothing to suggest they aren't safe, but companies/universities are loathe to sign up those groups for testing unless the disease is a specific issue to them.

Also, these vaccines ARE NOT BEING RUSHED. I am getting sick of people "just asking questions" about this. The entire reason that most vaccines/treatments take 10+ years to be approved is because it takes 9+ years to raise the money and sign people up for testing. Most of the energy and effort of disease research is dealing with government red tape and securing grant money/funding. Once all that is done, most trials only last a few months to a year...just like the COVID-19 vaccines. The only reason they are going so fast (relative to normal timelines) is because there has been an unlimited dump of money into it, as well as an unlimited number of volunteers and researchers. 

32 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

i think it was the Moderna vaccine report I read that literally said, “effects on fertility are unknown”. We definitely need a vaccine, but people certainly have the right to question if this is safe.

Did you even bother to click the link? The video she shared wasn’t questioning unknown fertility links, sir.

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It's why most drugs for most diseases aren't approved for children or pregnant women...there is nothing to suggest they aren't safe, but companies/universities are loathe to sign up those groups for testing unless the disease is a specific issue to them.

It's unethical to do so in a lot of cases. That said a lot of pregnant women get medicine and vaccines because they often don't know they're pregnant early on.

That said the society for maternal fetal medicine has recommended that pregnant healthcare workers be offered the vaccine, and that pendant and lactating women be included in future vaccine trials. They also state that the theoretical risk to pregnant women and their fetus due the mRNA vaccines is low

52 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

The video has been taken down (I have it running in the background right now), otherwise I would post the link here.  The video is from a conspiracy theory whack-job.  So far, he has compared vaccines to Thalidomide, said he would take remdesivir over a vaccine (because he trusts annecdotes more than politicians), etc.

He says -- "It's not Covid that is killing us, it's fear."  He recommends people rise up against shutdowns.

He suggests that China caused the virus so that Chinese pharmaceuticals could profit by making a vaccine.

"How can we trust a government to produce a vaccine, when they haven't gone after the perpatrator of the crime [China]."

He disputes evolution.  "If you believe you came from a monkey, you sir are a monkey."

He suggests its in the realm of possibility that nanotechnology could connect to 5G, and its not out of the realm of possibility that nanobots could be delivered in a vaccine.

TBH, I can't stand to listen to it anymore.

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Awesome, so on top of being an over the top anti-housing NIMBY, one of my city's new elected city councilmembers is saying he agrees with the Beverly Hills idea of abandoning the LA County health department over the dine-in closure. :facepalm:

Won't that mean that Beverly Hills will be inundated with the poors and rejects eating at restaurants in their city???

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Having questions or even having some concerns is totally fine and valid (ie: could there be some type of molecular mimicry with tissues in your body or immune system response long-term). Puppeting and spreading nonsensical conspiracy theories is not.

Stopped off at a nearby gun/hunting store to pick up a taser for my fiancé’s mom (she wants one for Christmas), Cheyenne Outfitters in Bordentown, NJ. Pulling into the parking lot I saw a dude walking to his car and he didn’t seem to have a mask anywhere, not even in his hand like he freshly pulled it off... I think “hmmm...”... walk-up to the door and noticed there’s no “face-masks required” signs or anything... again, I think “hmmm...”... open the door, take about one step in, no one has a mask over their face, the people with masks on have it worn in full chin-diaper fashion, and there’s a ton of people in the store... I loudly go “NOPE.” and 180 back to my car.

I don’t know if it’ll do anything, but I am submitting a “report a violation” form on NJ’s health website, because JFC.

• Thanks 1