~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

What do you guys think about the cruise ship situation?  I think they shouldn't let anyone off.  If need be, food and medical supplies can be airlifted onto the ship.  In my layman's opinion, you introduce more risk to the wider population by letting them off the ship and putting them into quarantine on land.

6 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

There’s a few people being monitored here in Jacksonville, FL already. Which probably means it’s already getting spreading.

https://www.news4jax.com/health/2020/03/02/sources-small-number-of-people-in-jacksonville-being-monitored-for-coronavirus/?outputType=amp

I work in special education at a private tutoring center and do one-on-one instruction with students that range from kindergarten to eighth grade. The parents of one of my students pulled him out yesterday because he has a weak immune system due to a medical condition he’s had since birth. He already has to call in absence a lot due to being regularly sick. He now does instruction with me via web cam. I hope to hell that he makes it through this okay.

Best of luck to you and your students, no one needs this shit.

2 hours ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

There are two confirmed cases in Colorado to my knowledge, and one within Boulder County where I live.  My wife is a nurse and it's disheartening to read the letter from the RN earlier in this thread - I hope that the support for health care professionals improves since they are in the direct line of fire, so to speak.  I work at the university and we've had several communications go out with general guidance, but not any sort of comprehensive pandemic plan.  So far there haven't been any confirmed cases in Boulder, but the university confirmed that they are testing two students with possible symptoms; one of the tests came back negative and the other is still pending.

Potentially 8 in Colorado.

https://www.cpr.org/2020/03/06/el-paso-county-reports-colorados-5th-presumptive-positive-coronavirus-case/

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, sblfilms said:

A lady dropped her wet tissue in my bag of food when she tried to put her bag in the overhead compartment. 

I ate the food, because I was REALLY hungry

5 hours ago, Nokra said:

As a mild germaphobe, I threw up in my mouth a little just reading this. :lol: :sick:

4 hours ago, rc0101 said:

What tha fuck...:sick:

The germs died from embarrassment so it was safe.

Neat someone came back from a vegas trade show with the virus in Toronto. It's making the news over here because he took public transit for 2 days before feeling ill and being tested. 

:shrug:
I'll be doomed soon enough (I don't worry about myself, more just don't want my in-laws to come down with something due to age and father in law use to be e heavy smoker).

-edit-

Also they canceled Collision conference which my company was going to use as an advertising boost for our app. =/

14 hours ago, Firewithin said:

so fucking Dr Drew is on my local morning radio show every week and they spoke to him this morning and it was infuriating.  he was downplaying all this and even at one point praised fucking pence from his work in Indiana during the HIV stuff there.

basically said  you shouldnt worry about anything and this will be over by end of the month lol

He was on Fox and Friends this morning. I was actually wondering why till I read this.

I keep wondering if this thing is already spread a lot wider than everyone thinks and the only reason we don’t have a fuckton more new cases turning up is because we’re not testing as widely as we should, because A.) we haven’t allocated enough resources for it, and possibly B.) because certain people know wider testing will increase the number of recorded cases of the virus and think it would hurt them politically 

11 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I keep wondering if this thing is already spread a lot wider than everyone thinks and the only reason we don’t have a fuckton more new cases turning up is because we’re not testing as widely as we should, because A.) we haven’t allocated enough resources for it, and possibly B.) because certain people know wider testing will increase the number of recorded cases of the virus and think it would hurt them politically 

give me both smackdown live GIF by WWE

57 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Also for mild cases people may not even think they have it (or deny it) or don’t need to be tested/hospitalized.

Just now, SilentWorld said:

It’s pretty much impossible not to touch your face.

Yeah I am having a hard time with it. Today I will be shaving my beard off since it's main reason I touch myself.

I unfortunately spend my days going around and touching things in schools, surrounded by hundreds of kids, and it's impossible to wash my hands after every touch.