~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

I have a super solid immune system. Get sick about once every 2-3 years. However.... my lungs fucking suck and I’ve gotten bronchitis repeatedly in my 20s from an undiagnosed dog allergy haha. So for any other virus I’d say bring it on, for this one though? :isee: 

39 minutes ago, Comet said:

I have a super solid immune system. Get sick about once every 2-3 years. However.... my lungs fucking suck and I’ve gotten bronchitis repeatedly in my 20s from an undiagnosed dog allergy haha. So for any other virus I’d say bring it on, for this one though? :isee: 

Pussy. 

• Guillotine 1

#My2Cents

• IF we have a +/- of 3.5% mortality rate and roughly 1 billion get infected then that is only 35 million deaths globally which is barely a dent in a global population closing in on 8 BILLION
  • Too much variance on available information which in this day and age is deadlier than the potential of this virus and will only serve to harm more people.
  • Genuinely believe that the human population does need a culling of some sort
  • Optimistic part of me hopes this may bring the world closer together, but realist in me believes it will only cause further strife
  • Nothing I can do to control this in any way, shape, or form, so just bring it on already!
  • Guillotine 2

2 hours ago, SoberChef said:

#My2Cents

• IF we have a +/- of 3.5% mortality rate and roughly 1 billion get infected then that is only 35 million deaths globally which is barely a dent in a global population closing in on 8 BILLION
  • Too much variance on available information which in this day and age is deadlier than the potential of this virus and will only serve to harm more people.
  • Genuinely believe that the human population does need a culling of some sort
  • Optimistic part of me hopes this may bring the world closer together, but realist in me believes it will only cause further strife
  • Nothing I can do to control this in any way, shape, or form, so just bring it on already!

Yes, no big deal except for the tens of millions of families that will lose loved ones.

21 minutes ago, Jose said:

This is correct tho.

I think the biggest concern is just overwhelming the capacity of hospitals.  Right now the death rate isn't that bad, but we have excess capacity to treat the sick.  But what happens when there are more patients than there are hospital beds?  If we get to that point, that's when things will truly turn ugly.