~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/gov-bill-lee-tennessee-health-department-to-hold-press-conference-on-coronavirus

First case in Tennessee confirmed. Williamson County is an affluent suburb of Nashville. Patient is a 40 yo man that traveled out of state recently. No idea on where he's gone. The state is working with the man (who is quarantined at home) to figure out his travel history. 

I'm really not feeling good about this. 

Also, this is from one of Tennessee's health officials:

I have seasonal allergies. I currently have an allergy head cold. I need to go to the store. I guarantee you I will not be received well in public. 

• Shocked 2

3 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I have seasonal allergies. I currently have an allergy head cold. I need to go to the store. I guarantee you I will not be received well in public. 

how long until some dumb hick tries to shoot somebody because they sneezed 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The grift continues

Just a little background, I've heard about this for several months, and Thermo Scientific has already bought several other biotech companies over the last 10 years (Fisher, Ambion) this is not new.

Also the platform that is required is one of the best.  I work with it daily.

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

Touch everyone

56 minutes ago, Chadatog said:

Just a little background, I've heard about this for several months, and Thermo Scientific has already bought several other biotech companies over the last 10 years (Fisher, Ambion) this is not new.

Also the platform that is required is one of the best.  I work with it daily.

Can’t be, must be a conspiracy to enrich POTUS.

Israel, Palestinians impose closure of Bethlehem

Israel and the Palestinian Authority imposed a closure on Bethlehem and surrounding towns and villages Thursday evening following the discovery of seven cases of coronavirus in the Palestinian city. PA President Mahmoud Abbas declared a state of emergency across the West Bank.

"The movement of Israelis and Palestinians in and out of the city is prohibited," Israeli Minister of Defense Naftali Bennett said in a statement.

The decision was made in coordination with the Palestinian Authority, Bennett said, and following consultations with the National Security Council and the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories.

44 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Trust D1P to turn a thread about a global pandemic into a discussion on US politics.

Just saying.

Policy and actions (or lack thereof) from this administration have had an effect on the outbreak in the country. Not hard to see why it’s relevant. 

I got an email from Alaska airlines concerning the coronavirus.  They are instituting a policy that you can cancel or change your tickets if they were purchased after 25th of February.  This is a shitty policy, because if you had bought tickets prior to that date for a trip in March or April (like I did), then you are still liable for ticket cancellation fees.  

Just now, mclumber1 said:

I got an email from Alaska airlines concerning the coronavirus.  They are instituting a policy that you can cancel or change your tickets if they were purchased after 25th of February.  This is a shitty policy, because if you had bought tickets prior to that date for a trip in March or April (like I did), then you are still liable for ticket cancellation fees.  

All of the airlines are doing something similar and the point is to get people to keep booking tickets.

6 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

Check with your bank or credit card as you might have coverage for it.

At the airport in Houston and I’ve noticed the Asian population is heavy on wearing masks, I would say close to 80% of the Asian travelers I saw were in masks. Hispanics were the next largest contingent of mask wearers, but probably only 20% at most. Almost no white or black people wearing masks.

A lady dropped her wet tissue in my bag of food when she tried to put her bag in the overhead compartment. 

I ate the food, because I was REALLY hungry

34 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

At the airport in Houston and I’ve noticed the Asian population is heavy on wearing masks, I would say close to 80% of the Asian travelers I saw were in masks. Hispanics were the next largest contingent of mask wearers, but probably only 20% at most. Almost no white or black people wearing masks.

A lady dropped her wet tissue in my bag of food when she tried to put her bag in the overhead compartment. 

Rip in peace

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

s-l300.jpg

They like wearing masks!