Active shooter in El Paso at Walmart/Mall

Her mother was shot and killed in what police believe was a terror attack fueled by hatred for Hispanic immigrants.

"Is my dad dead?" the 5-year-old asked her grandmother. For hours the family didn't know, searching for facts of what had happened when police say a young white man started shooting outside and then inside a Walmart, killing 22 people and injuring two dozen more.

But yes, her stepfather -- the man she called dad -- was dead along with his wife. Skylin, the eldest of three children, had to be told. She responded with tears and a question about the killer: "Is he going to come and shoot me?"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/girl-who-lost-mom-in-el-paso-massacre-asks-if-she-ll-be-shot-next/ar-AAFqLxt?ocid=AMZN

• Guillotine 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, nublood said:

Lol. You probably need to figure yourself out soon sweetie. You’re better than letting me live rent free in your head. 

Resorting to misogyny is such a great way to prove you have a good point to make. :daydream:

2 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

I'm not sure if I want this guy to receive the death penalty or to be killed in prison by fellow inmates.  Hopefully he goes to a prison with a heavy Latino population.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/mexico-wants-to-extradite-the-el-paso-gunman/ar-AAFnEvw

This prompted Mexican authorities to announce they would take “legal action.” Mexican foreign minister Marcelo Ebrard said in a statement the day after the shooting that the attack was “an act of terrorism against the Mexican-American community and Mexican nationals in the United States.” He said that Mexico could try to extradite Crusius—who El Paso police managed to arrest—and will investigate the gunmakers whose weapons were involved in the attack.

11 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I want to allow Mexico to extradite him. He will be instantly convicted. And then my hope is they dress him up like Donald and execute him on tv. 

Mexico abolished the death penalty for military cases in 2005 and for civilian cases in 1976.  They hadn't used the death penalty for civilian cases since 1937.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/in-charleston-cory-booker-delivers-major-speech-about-white-supremacy-and-gun-violence/ar-AAFtgVi?ocid=AMZN

Standing in the sanctuary of Charleston’s Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church, one floor above the site of the 2015 attack by a white supremacist who murdered nine black people, Mr. Booker said the present moment amounted to a national crisis in which Americans must choose sides and confront their own past.

“Racist violence has always been part of the American story, never more so than in times of transition and times of rapid social change,” Mr. Booker said, describing the country as facing a “crossroads.”

“There is no neutrality in this fight,” he said. “You are either an agent of justice or you are contributing to the problem.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/mexico-might-try-to-put-the-el-paso-shooter-on-trial-the-u-s-is-unlikely-to-hand-him-over/ar-AAFtmZT?ocid=AMZN

“At the end of the day, I would be very surprised if the U.S. government were to agree to it,” said John B. Bellinger III, who served as the State Department’s legal adviser under the George W. Bush administration.

Mexico’s potential demand for the El Paso gunman is more likely to prove a poignant symbolic gesture to a grieving and fearful public.

Mexican Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard said Monday his country may seek to extradite the alleged shooter, Patrick Crusius, on terrorism charges. Investigators believe Crusius is the author of an online manifesto that railed against a “Hispanic invasion” in Texas.

“We consider this to be an act of terrorism, carried out on United States soil, but terrorism against Mexicans,” Ebrard said.

El Paso Shooter's Mom was worried about his assault rifle purchase... called the cops

The El Paso shooting suspect's mother called the Allen, Texas, Police Department weeks before the shooting because she was concerned about her son owning an "AK" type firearm, lawyers for the family confirmed to CNN.

The mother contacted police because she was worried about her son owning the weapon given his age, maturity level and lack of experience handling such a firearm, attorneys Chris Ayres and R. Jack Ayres said.

During the call, the mother was transferred to a public safety officer who told her that -- based on her description of the situation -- her son, 21, was legally allowed to purchase the weapon, the attorneys said. The mother did not provide her name or her son's name, and police did not seek any additional information from her before the call concluded, they added.

Shall not infringe.

• Guillotine 1