Active shooter in El Paso at Walmart/Mall

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

This is kind of a dumb take considering we know the only potential response would be banning gun sales to Muslim Americans and even that’s unlikely. 

There was bipartisan support to use the no-fly list to deny people their second amendment rights.  Luckily that idea never got a lot of traction. 

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Please point out hateful rhetoric from Elizabeth Warren or any of the other Democratic candidates that contributed to this guy's motive. I'll wait.

Dumbass.

Was the Orlando mass shooting about white nationalism? How bout San Bernadino? Las Vegas? Sandy Hook? Fort Hood?

My point was you're girl AOC equating all mass shootings to white supremacy when, you know, they're not. It's just a supremely idiotic and moronic thing to say. But I wouldn't expect any different from such a dumbass. :peace:

8 minutes ago, nublood said:

Was the Orlando mass shooting about white nationalism? How bout San Bernadino? Las Vegas? Sandy Hook? Fort Hood?

My point was you're girl AOC equating all mass shootings to white supremacy when, you know, they're not. It's just a supremely idiotic and moronic thing to say. But I wouldn't expect any different from such a dumbass. :peace:

Lol. I've been lurking here since the IGN days. Fuck this loser.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, nublood said:

She's not my girl and white supremacism is a far bigger domestic threat than anything else right now. 

Dumbass. 

10 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

She's not my girl and white supremacism is a far bigger domestic threat than anything else right now. 

I’ve seen this sentiment expressed but generally without much definition. Are you meaning in terms of motivations for terrorist activity?

32 minutes ago, nublood said:

She did not suggest all mass shootings are tied to white supremacy, which makes it all the more entertaining that you would accuse *her* of being the dumbass.

12 minutes ago, Chris- said:

She did not suggest all mass shootings are tied to white supremacy, which makes it all the more entertaining that you would accuse *her* of being the dumbass.

The terrible take of the dude notwithstanding, the tweet lists only one cause of mass shootings. The reader would have to assume she believes there are more.

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The terrible take of the dude notwithstanding, the tweet lists only one cause of mass shootings. The reader would have to assume she believes there are more.

Her exact words were, "Video games aren’t causing mass shootings, white supremacy is." There is nothing that needs to be assumed if you have a basic command of the English language (though noted prescriptivist @Kal-El814 would probably question that in this instance...) In fact, the assumption that she only believe there is one is the MUCH bigger assumption.

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Her exact words were, "Video games aren’t causing mass shootings, white supremacy is." There is nothing that needs to be assumed if you have a basic command of the English language (though noted prescriptivist @Kal-El814 would probably question that in this instance...) In fact, the assumption that she only believe there is one is the MUCH bigger assumption.

The sentence doesn’t give any indication of whether she thinks it is the only cause or there are many, but it only lists one cause so we only know of this single cause she believes based on the tweet. I do assume she knows there are other reasons, but wrote the tweet this way to emphasize the ridiculousness of the video game blame and elevate the motivation and link to Trump and the spineless GOP of white supremacy.

But you’re just wrong that the plain reading acknowledges more reasons, it matter of factor does not. Easiest way to verify that is if you did believe it was the only reason that sentence would reflect that even though it’s also a weak way to communicate that.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The sentence doesn’t give any indication of whether she thinks it is the only cause or there are many, but it only lists one cause so we only know of this single cause she believes based on the tweet. I do assume she knows there are other reasons, but wrote the tweet this way to emphasize the ridiculousness of the video game blame and elevate the motivation and link to Trump and the spineless GOP of white supremacy.

But you’re just wrong that the plain reading acknowledges more reasons, it matter of factor does not. Easiest way to verify that is if you did believe it was the only reason that sentence would reflect that even though it’s also a weak way to communicate that.

Jesus Christ you guys.

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Our 2A extremist gun culture is rooted in white supremacy, as @Anathema-mentioned somewhere here recently. An open carrying black man doesn't have the same rights as a white guy doing the same thing. And that gun culture is making it politically impossible to make new laws to help fix the situation.

Which sucks. 

31 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Our 2A extremist gun culture is rooted in white supremacy, as @Anathema-mentioned somewhere here recently. An open carrying black man doesn't have the same rights as a white guy doing the same thing. And that gun culture is making it politically impossible to make new laws to help fix the situation.

Shit the NRA and Ronald Reagan actually were AGAINST the Black Panthers exercising their second amendment rights. There is indeed a connection to racism an how our gun laws are handled and implemented in this country.

46 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Nothing in that Tweet would have you believe that she assumes White Supremacy is the ONLY cause of mass shootings. Just that White Supremacy is more of a cause than videogames ever could be. Also I like how the go to insult against AOC is to insult her intelligence.