The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

It was really hot out there, but people were in good spirits. There was a strong sense of purpose amongst the folks I was near. There was also more hope on display than I would have anticipated.

Let us not drop the ball as we are prone to do.

My dad used to always watch Cops. "Is Cops on? When's Cops on?", every week. Then it switched channels and he got flustered trying to find it, until again asking his questions when he finally found the station it was on. I used to always bug him by saying, "no it got cancelled", but now I can say that and it'll actually be true! 

7 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

This probably isn’t as big a deal as it seems. The police likely get the leftovers of IBMs work for the CIA/FBI/Military. It’s a drop in income, but peanuts compared to what it could be. The PR likely makes this worth it. So the loss can be written off as “marketing”. 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

My dad used to always watch Cops. "Is Cops on? When's Cops on?", every week. Then it switched channels and he got flustered trying to find it, until again asking his questions when he finally found the station it was on. I used to always bug him by saying, "no it got cancelled", but now I can say that and it'll actually be true! 

Same with my dad. My dad was in the hospital a good chunk of time when he got his terminal cancer diagnosis. My mom would rent the small tv they offered to keep them entertained while he was there. He pretty much watched COPS Or World Scariest Police Chases (or something like that) He liked watching it when they busted people for drugs and claim it wasn’t theirs but clearly were on something. Plus, he just loved it when they worked with the K-9 units. Dad loved German Shepards and would always laugh when they ran and released the dog to chase them. Always saying “you can’t run from that dog you idiots” It was more entertaining watching my dad watch the show, then the show itself

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Louisville police officer in Breonna Taylor shooting accused of sexual assault

The Louisville Metro Police Department is investigating accusations made by at least two women who say they were sexually assaulted by an officer involved in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor.

The allegations posted on social media against Officer Brett Hankison, 44, are similar, saying that he offered intoxicated women a ride home from bars before sexually assaulting them.

• Shocked 1

Who killed Louisville businessman David McAtee? What newly received evidence shows

The bullet that killed David McAtee in the doorway of his West End barbecue business June 1 was fired by a Kentucky National Guard member, state officials said Tuesday.

McAtee was killed by a single gunshot wound to the chest with green-tipped, military-grade ammunition used by guard members — known as 5.56 mm M855 bullet, according to J. Michael Brown, secretary of the state's Executive Cabinet and a former district court judge.

Newly released evidence indicates that McAtee fired first, shooting twice "in the direction" of police officers, Brown said.

In response, two guard members fired rounds that night, along with two Louisville police officers. But bullet fragments recovered from McAtee's body were so damaged they couldn't be matched to an individual rifle, Brown said.

Release the entire video so we can see why McAtee (allegedly) fired first because I sure as hell am not going to believe a department whose body cams weren't turned on during this incident.

12 minutes ago, Jose said:

How the fuck is Columbus Day still a thing? He discovered DR guys and he was a huge piece of shit. Get over it.

Someone correct me if this is apocryphal, but didn't he get a holiday just to appease a bunch of white people who wanted a holiday to celebrate a Christian white guy?