The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

9 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Your daily reminder that Ted Cruz is dumb as hell.

Ted Cruz is absolutely not dumb.

He is the smart person version of Ben Carson or Candace Owens. Or Rand Paul when he unmasked the whistleblower.

Being a Constituional lawyer, he does this all the time trying to provide intellectual cover for Trump's most ludicrous legal stances.

That these people have some limited credibility on that which they speak is the point. Trump is using them up, and they let him. Personally, I think they are worse than the true believers because they know better and choose to do it anyway.

He's being a semantic douchebag. Columbus didn't commit genocide in the literal definition of the word and that's where Cruz is staking his argument. Columbus wasn't deliberately looking to kill all the natives. He just raped and enslaved them to death.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

He's being a semantic douchebag. Columbus didn't commit genocide in the literal definition of the word and that's where Cruz is staking his argument. Columbus wasn't deliberately looking to kill all the natives. He just raped and enslaved them to death.

He said '"literally" or otherwise.' Fuck his dumb ass.

5 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

He said '"literally" or otherwise.' Fuck his dumb ass.

He's literally being that Reddit asshole that wants to argue over inconsequential details and ignore the main gist of the argument.

The right thing to do about anybody defending Columbus is just quote his own words about the raping of girls as young as nine and ten. Nobody cares about the natives on any of the lands Columbus shat all over. However, it makes people really uncomfortable to defend a self-confessed child rapist.

Cruz knows exactly what he's doing, he's not dumb.

That said, 

40 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I'm not saying only smart people get into Ivy League schools, but Ted Cruz might literally be the dumbest fucksmack that ever attended one.

Don't trust anyone from an elite college and especially don't just assume someone who went to one is smart, they're just credential and networking factories for access/readmission to the upper class. Over a third of Harvard's freshman class this past year were legacy admissions. Not picking on you, just using your post as a platform for my diatribe 

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Cruz knows exactly what he's doing, he's not dumb.

That said, 

Don't trust anyone from an elite college and especially don't just assume someone who went to one is smart, they're just credential and networking factories for access/readmission to the upper class. Over a third of Harvard's freshman class this past year were legacy admissions. Not picking on you, just using your post as a platform for my diatribe 

That's what I was hinting at with the first part :P

12 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I've worked in Boston for years. More than a decade. It sucks. I love the city and most of the people that love in and around the city. However, Boston has a lot of old people and I've had to deal with it so many times. I'm just a brown Puerto Rican. I don't know how many times my opinions were labeled as disrespectful or without merit only to watch my white colleagues make the same point in the same words and be praised for their leadership. Hell, I worked for a company with CEO that was a BIPOC and watched as my boss forced every minority working under him to resign because they "lacked leadership skills" before he finally got me to quit. It was supposedly a coincidence. Every one of them replaced with a white guy. He even overruled me when I tried to hire a BIPOC for one of my reports preferring I hire someone else that "had more leadership potential". You can guess his skin color.

It's nice to see the Red Sox admit it. Even better to see all the asshole racists whining about it.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/entertainment/lady-antebellum-name-change/index.html

Are people really so ignorant they didnt understand the word or the  connotation that came with that name and southern country music band?

Edit: oopsie I misinterpreted my Latin :p

I forgot that "ante" means before.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/voices/montana-george-floyd-protests-california-us-flag-racism-a9559446.html%3famp

What most people don’t realize is that California has more hate groups than any other state. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, which keeps a current “Hate Map by State” on their website, California has 88 active hate groups as of this writing. Montana has six. California is the most populated state, but the ratio of hate groups to population not only seems disproportionate but also unexpected.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/us/tye-anders-midland-texas-police-trnd/index.html

When police stopped a Texas man for an alleged traffic violation, the confrontation turned tense, videos of the incident show. Midland police officers stopped Tye Anders, 21, on May 16 for running a stop sign, the department said in a statement.vWhat happened next left a family shaken, a young man on the ground and his grandma attempting to intervene in the tense confrontation that followed.vAnders, who is black, had been driving in a way that aroused suspicion, "making several extreme attempts to elude and avoid me," a Midland police officer wrote in an affidavit obtained by CNN affiliate KWES and other media. CNN has put in a public records request for the affidavit.

After Anders pulls into the driveway of his grandmother's home, police can be seen and heard on bodycam video asking Anders to get out of his car, but he initially refused. He stayed in the car for over five minutes before exiting, according to timestamped police bodycam video. When Anders did leave the vehicle, an officer can be seen on video drawing their gun and pointing it at him, according to police bodycam footage.

Police said they asked Anders to walk toward them to be detained, but Anders refused and can be heard in body cam video asking, "Why'd you stop me?" with his hands in the air.

Moments later, Anders can be seen on bodycam video dropping to his knees to lie down on the front lawn.

"We're not going to shoot you," an officer can be heard saying to Anders.

In the police video and in one from a bystander provided to CNN by Anders' attorney, Anders shouts, over and over, "I'm scared, I'm scared, I'm scared," and, "Put your guns down" while he's lying down on his stomach in the front lawn parallel to the driveway he stopped his car in. As the confrontation between Anders and police continues, bystanders can be heard gathering around and screaming at both Anders and police. "Hey dude, just stand up, stand up man," an officer can be heard saying to Anders. "All we need you to do is stand up."

At one point, Anders' 90-year-old grandmother appears in police bodycam video in an attempt to defuse the situation. Officers approached the elderly woman, and moments later she appeared to fall across her grandson. It's not clear from the footage how the woman fell. Midland police say she "appeared to lose balance and fall."

Moore claims she was "forced to the ground by overly aggressive Midland PD officers."

This is INFURIATING. All of this was over this kid supposedly running a fucking stop sign... allegedly. In the police's released footage of the incident, you never see a traffic violation :|

"I do not fault the officers for drawing their weapons," James A. Gagliano, CNN law enforcement analyst, said. "When he (Anders) wasn't compliant they (police) had to be suspicious that there was something more there because he was running away from a ticket for running a stop sign. That's not normal behavior."

Go fuck yourself, James A. Gagliano.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Go fuck yourself, James A. Gagliano.

He's a a lying piece of shit... I saw him say, unchallenged on CNN when the protests were going on that "Every year there are thousands of police involved shootings. 99.9% of them are justified." Complete and utter bullshit and the Anchor ( I don't remember who it was) SHOULD have called him on that bullshit.