The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

How long until the national registry of police bad actors starts getting filled up with good cops who snitched on bad cops?

If it's based on improper use of force complaints then they probably have it coming.  Honestly I don't get how improper use of force doesn't result in summary termination.

Nashville is instituting body cameras for the police department. They have long resisted this with excuses being that it's too much data and it's too expensive. 

https://www.nashville.gov/News-Media/News-Article/ID/9869/BodyWorn-Cameras-Coming-to-Metro-Nashville.aspx

AND during a budget crunch, at that. 

This DEFINITELY isn't due to any of the recent protests or an attempt at tossing crumbs to people calling for reform. No-siree!

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@Spork3245 seems to be a fan.

Weird comment to make.
I haven’t followed it much beyond the corruption within Camden PD dropping exponentially which is all I mentioned. I spoke nothing of use of force, however, if the “disbanding method” was used for use of force, it would likely work as well as it had in regards to Camden’s use of it for anti-corruption. Jon Oliver also quoted it as “something that seems to work”.
This is like claiming “I inflated my tires but my car still wouldn’t start” - the primary goal in Camden PD’s disbanding was for anti-corruption, not use of force. Am I agreeing with them not focusing on both? No.

1 hour ago, finaljedi said:

If it's based on improper use of force complaints then they probably have it coming.  Honestly I don't get how improper use of force doesn't result in summary termination.

No, I meant bad cops getting retribution by putting good cops on the list, the way they currently go harass them in person for filing complaints.

You know what's pissing me off?  I've seen several variations of the following graphic, all of which contain falsified data:

screen-shot-2015-11-23-at-00-20-201.png?

I've seen one cropped and shared so that it doesn't shown the year or the source.  And I've seen another with the year changed to 2018 and the source as the Homeland Crime something bullshit organization with the numbers slightly changed.

People are just flat out making shit up now, and idiots are falling for it.

Fact-check: https://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/trump-retweets-bogus-crime-graphic/

36 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

You know what's pissing me off?  I've seen several variations of the following graphic, all of which contain falsified data:

screen-shot-2015-11-23-at-00-20-201.png?

I've seen one cropped and shared so that it doesn't shown the year or the source.  And I've seen another with the year changed to 2018 and the source as the Homeland Crime something bullshit organization with the numbers slightly changed.

People are just flat out making shit up now, and idiots are falling for it.

Fact-check: https://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/trump-retweets-bogus-crime-graphic/

Has anyone who says, "what about black on black crime?" ever been right about anything?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

And this is LITERALLY how bad cops get moved around. This happens ALL of the time. My buddy who works in criminal justice reform just said to me last week that Law Enforcement agencies will openly recruit officers dismissed in other jurisdictions regardless of the reason for dismissal. There you have it right there. Also notice the coded language... "Dumb Mayor" :| If I'm not mistaken all three cities have black mayors :thinking:

This morning I listened to the latest episode of The Ezra Klein show. He interviewed former federal prosecutor and current Georgetown professor, Paul Butler. He wrote a book in 2017 called  Chokehold: Policing Black Men.

He shared some shocking statistics about prison, that I was not familiar with. They can be found here. A few that stood out to me.

• The average length of a prison sentence for murder is 11 years.
  • 96% of prison sentences for violent crime are less than 20 years.
  • Murder has one of the lowest recidivism rates.