The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

3 hours ago, SlipperySlope said:

That old lady going completely out of her way to run into this girl is just amazing. Seeing as how the girl makes sure she didn't block anyone using the stairs this is just good old fashion "I want a chance to tell someone to go back to their country." 

33 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

That old lady going completely out of her way to run into this girl is just amazing. Seeing as how the girl makes sure she didn't block anyone using the stairs this is just good old fashion "I want a chance to tell someone to go back to their country." 

That's just... sad. There's a good chance that woman is a mentally disturbed homeless person. Or just mentally disturbed. Minorities definitely need to continue to film ourselves in public like we're ona goddamned reality show.

9 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

I was wondering what had him wound up, but then I just searched Seattle on Twitter and I see that Fox News is really running wild with the whole "autonomous zone" thing and is covering it like Seattle has fallen to Antifa.

I just read this

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/11/us/seattle-autonomous-zone.html

This is like one of the settlements in The Divsion 2. Sounds ok but no way is it as innocent as this article makes it out to be.

21 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Completely eliminating traffic stops would virtually eliminate the number of interactions with police people have. 

Speeding tickets don't deter speeding! Road design sure would though but that's expensive

Even though they suck, I'm sure a city could buy like a million cameras for the cost of these tank things the police love. Even then, traffic violations should be policed just not by the...police. Handle it with AI and cameras or meter maids in souped up golf carts. Hell, you don't even have to pull people over. Just scan their plates and issue them a citation.

Here's two easy pieces of legislation. Revenue from tickets and asset forfeitures can go back into the State's coffers. Combine that with police departments having to fund their own lawsuits.

35 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Speeding tickets don't deter speeding! Road design sure would though but that's expensive

One thing that can help that's just paint is to reconfigure wide one-ways to two-ways. Something like this would not feel as inviting to speeding as a two-way with a continuous center left turn lane, and you could achieve that by just applying new paint, which at least helps calm things down until you have the money to actually widen the sidewalks/create a protected bike lane/etc.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Even though they suck, I'm sure a city could buy like a million cameras for the cost of these tank things the police love. Even then, traffic violations should be policed just not by the...police. Handle it with AI and cameras or meter maids in souped up golf carts. Hell, you don't even have to pull people over. Just scan their plates and issue them a citation.

Here's two easy pieces of legislation. Revenue from tickets and asset forfeitures can go back into the State's coffers. Combine that with police departments having to fund their own lawsuits.

Or, and hear me out now, we don't give the state even more surveillance powers

34 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Or, and hear me out now, we don't give the state even more surveillance powers

I don't disagree, but if we're combining this with a disarming of local municipalities of a degree we've never seen. Then again, I'm one of those crazy people that would love to see the umps in baseball disappear and replaced with AI.

Ohhhhh boy, look at these good cops!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/11/chicago-napping-police-officers/?fbclid=IwAR0GNO4AMQN-vXknThP0UOz74wuhhIT93of6YsD1n75fwmmLlxz_WXidEhs

Thirteen Chicago police officers were caught on video relaxing in the South Side office of Rep. Bobby L. Rush without his knowledge two weekends ago as looting took place outside the door during protests over George Floyd’s death, Rush said.

At a news conference Thursday, the Democratic congressman said he had already delivered the security footage to Mayor Lori Lightfoot (D) and the head of police. The footage shows officers sleeping, lounging on a sofa and talking on their cellphones during the same overnight hours when looting and violence were taking place at the outdoor mall where Rush’s office is located.

“They even had the unmitigated gall to go and make coffee for themselves and pop some popcorn, my popcorn, in my microwave while looters were tearing apart businesses within their sight, within their reach. And they were in a mood of relaxation, and they did not care about what was happening to the businesspeople in this city,” Rush said. “They didn’t care. They absolutely didn’t care.”