"The Titan Submersible Disaster Was Years in the Making, New Details Reveal" - fantastic Vanity Fair article that even features a "Heated Gaming Moment" involving the Mad Catz controller!

7 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Apparently this ship had no emergency beacon, no GPS, no transponder, no NOTHING.  That's fucking crazy.

Not only that, but a CBS reporter who has been on it said that one of the days he was on deck they lost it for five hours. They’re fucked. 

27 minutes ago, Nokra said:

This is my nightmare scenario: sitting in a locked tube underwater, waiting to die. No. Fucking. Thank you. 

When I was going through my nuclear training in the Navy, we were told of the USS Thresher and Scorpion -the two nuclear subs America has lost at sea.  The subs likely reached crush depth, at which point the hull imploded, which caused a subsequent ignition of the atmosphere aboard the sub due to the diesel effect.  Everyone onboard probably died instantly, so at least they didn't suffer (although they probably knew their fate for a few minutes before the sub eventually imploded). 

• Hugs 2

7 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

Apparently this ship had no emergency beacon, no GPS, no transponder, no NOTHING.  That's fucking crazy.

efbc7fd43ae22523e1da881568e3069b
NEWS.YAHOO.COM

In a 2019 interview about the Titan, OceanGate CEO Stockton Rush lamented the effect of safety regulations on the commercial submersible industry.

• Guillotine 1

5 hours ago, Littleronin said:

Man, I could not imagine going down in a sub that looks like that. Let alone controlling it with a Logitech G F710 controller with 3D printed thumbsticks. 

That's seriously what that controller is...wtf man.  Going over 2 miles down into the ocean with a $30 wireless controller? What a crazy world we live in.

• Halal 1

It’s strange to me that billionaires want to either be strapped to a giant weight and dropped into the ocean or strapped to a giant rocket and shot into space. I would opt for a sitting at a beach resort sipping on some Mai Tais. 

• True 3

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

efbc7fd43ae22523e1da881568e3069b
NEWS.YAHOO.COM

In a 2019 interview about the Titan, OceanGate CEO Stockton Rush lamented the effect of safety regulations on the commercial submersible industry.

If we could only add a child bride to the situation, then it would be a libertarian’s wet dream. 

27 minutes ago, Brian said:

It’s strange to me that billionaires want to either be strapped to a giant weight and dropped into the ocean or strapped to a giant rocket and shot into space. I would opt for a sitting at a beach resort sipping on some Mai Tais. 

But that’s like a Tuesday 

• Haha 1
  • True 1

They are banging around down there

230620112836-harding-dawood-nargeolet-ru
WWW.CNN.COM

Sonar picked up banging sounds on Tuesday from underneath the water in the North Atlantic Ocean while searching for a submersible with five people onboard that went missing two days earlier on a dive to the Titanic wreckage, according to an internal US government memo on the search.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Brian said:

Yeah my income can pull that, these guys buy the resorts