Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

15 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

tl;dr: Schumer and Pelosi suck.

9 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

-- Biden is making a 28-3 style comeback, including in Georgia

-- Trump is going to throw a shitfit

-- Pelosi, Schumer, and Nate Silver all need to be strapped down and beaten with sledgehammers

-- Weed has been legalize in more states because we all need it

What did they do (or not do) now? 

6 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

What am I missing about Silver? A 10% chance for a Trump win is not 0%. Is everyone just XComming themselves?

Yes. 

edit: However, it seems like there was some major polling errors in more than one place. That isn’t Nate’s fault, but it certainly makes it seem like 10% should have maybe been more like 25%. But how could one ever know?

6 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

What am I missing about Silver? A 10% chance for a Trump win is not 0%. Is everyone just XComming themselves?

People don’t understand statistics, they don’t understand polling, and they really don’t understand their intersection at places like 538.

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

I mean in XCom sometimes someone with a shotgun misses someone standing on an adjacent square and the animations don’t help so I GET IT... but 90%+ isn’t 100% :p

Try Battletech and you’ll really feel some BS probability odds. 95% odds of hitting, yet you’ll miss literally half the time still :p 

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

People don’t understand statistics, they don’t understand polling, and they really don’t understand their intersection at places like 538.

If anything, this is a polling problem. Blaming Silver is just dumb.

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

this is why I hate these terms. 
me, a millennial that not only lived through Bush v Gore in 2000, but it was my first election to vote in. 

this guy too young to remember, but still in the same “generation” as me. :frustrated: sure. 

I mean I was 12, so I kind of remember it, but mostly from the perspective of my parents rather than myself.

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

this is why I hate these terms. 
me, a millennial that not only lived through Bush v Gore in 2000, but it was my first election to vote in. 

this guy too young to remember, but still in the same “generation” as me. :frustrated: sure. 

Well to be fair Millennial gen ends in 96 i believe, i'm an older millennial and wasn't old enough to vote in 2000 at 35.

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

It's been in the 80s for awhile, and Biden has maintained that 3-4% lead. 

At some point they put it at 98% reported, but that was an error and they moved it back down to 86%. At 98% a 100k lead would have been insurmountable for Trump, but 14% is doable. I hear it would take a 60-40 split to catch up and pass for Trump. 

1 minute ago, Chollowa said:

At some point they put it at 98% reported, but that was an error and they moved it back down to 86%. At 98% a 100k lead would have been insurmountable for Trump, but 14% is doable. I hear it would take a 60-40 split to catch up and pass for Trump. 

In 2018 Sinema kept increasing her lead with the later mail in votes.