Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

I wonder if COVID didn't help Trump as much as it hurt him.

Voting for Trump = FUCK THE VIRUS, LET'S GET BACK TO LIFE

Voting for Biden = MORE LOCKDOWNS, MASKS AND OTHER CRAP WE HATE

People everywhere are all sick of everything and anything having to do with this virus. And if you're a retail or restaurant worker and you're sick to death of all of this, I can see why someone like that would consider Trumps, "meh, let's just move on message" appealing. Most people pay shockingly little attention to the news or current events.

• Like 1

I hear a lot of bullshit about "even if Biden wins such and such".

As someone who went to bed around 5am this morning when I think Biden's chances looked their absolute bleakest and had one of the worst, nightmare filled sleeps of my life only to wake up to news that Biden is likely going to win lemme say this feels like a pretty fucking huge win for me after really expecting that we were going to be stuck with the orange monster for 4 more years.

We so often talk around here about how the moral victories don't matter, only the real ones. Why not celebrate it when we have a real one?

• Like 2

I smoked like 2g before bed and I got maybe an hour of sleep because of the election. I even called in sick for work (headache and nausea from no sleep) After that I took some LSD flower in my Solo II, took 3 pills of decarbed combined Black Domina and Blueberry flower and Finally got 2-3hrs of sleep. If your looking for sleep, make sure you’re looking for an Indica strain. Some even lower THC Indica strains can help. 

3 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I hear a lot of bullshit about "even if Biden wins such and such".

As someone who went to bed around 5am this morning when I think Biden's chances looked their absolute bleakest and had one of the worst, nightmare filled sleeps of my life only to wake up to news that Biden is likely going to win lemme say this feels like a pretty fucking huge win for me after really expecting that we were going to be stuck with the orange monster for 4 more years.

We so often talk around here about how the moral victories don't matter, only the real ones. Why not celebrate it when we have a real one?

Because we haven't had a victory yet. I won't celebrate shit until he's standing on capital hill with his hand on a bible.

There's a long way to go. Trump and the GOP have proven that nothing is beneath them, and their supporters have proven that nothing they do bothers them. They will do anything and everything to win, and 50% of the population supports it.

We have a long way to go. This isn't over. Nothing is over. Even if Biden wins, the real fundamental problem here is that we live in a country with 65 million plus people stupid or evil enough to vote for as man like Trump. Nothing will fix that. NOTHING.

Just now, ort said:

Because we haven't had a victory yet. I won't celebrate shit until he's standing on capital hill with his hand on a bible.

There's a long way to go. Trump and the GOP have proven that nothing is beneath them, and their supporters have proven that nothing they do bothers them. They will do anything and everything to win, and 50% of the population supports it.

We have a long way to go. This isn't over. Nothing is over. Even if Biden wins, the real fundamental problem here is that we live in a country with 65 million plus people stupid or evil enough to vote for as man like Trump. Nothing will fix that. NOTHING.

I agree we are in for a lot of court cases and shit, but it's better heading into the storm winning than if he were losing.

I wasn't so much talking about this sentiment as the, "since Biden didn't win by 100 EC votes we need to string him up and crown AOC as empress!!!!" posts.

1 minute ago, marioandsonic said:

Okay, so we won't know about GA or NV until tomorrow.

WI will likely be recounted.

How are the odds for AZ, PA, MI, and NC looking?

Fox and AP called Arizona last night for Biden. It’s really just Republican Twitter and Fox News that are making it sound questionable. 

Looking good in Michigan. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Assuming Biden’s .6% lead holds once all the votes are counted first, I wonder what the odds of that flipping are.

Just now, GeneticBlueprint said:

Even Scott Walker was like 'you're not going to find anything'

My understanding is that recounts almost never flip results.

And it does make a difference if that .6% is the difference of a couple hundred ballots in a small race as compared to tens of thousands in a big race.

Like how the smaller your sample size, the more likely one or two anomalies can really skew the result. A few hundred ballots can be miscounted. Tens of thousands, probably not.

1 minute ago, Chairslinger said:

My understanding is that recounts almost never flip results.

And it does make a difference if that .6% is the difference of a couple hundred ballots in a small race as compared to tens of thousands in a big race.

Like how the smaller your sample size, the more likely one or two anomalies can really skew the result. A few hundred ballots can be miscounted. Tens of thousands, probably not.

It does open the door for chicanery though 

Just now, Comet said:

It does open the door for chicanery though 

This ALL should be read with the implied caveat that Trump will be trying to fuck with it.

As I kind of said before, the thing people should feel encouraged about is that we now even have a result to defend. It's better than losing outright. But now we gotta defend it.

21 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Assuming Biden’s .6% lead holds once all the votes are counted first, I wonder what the odds of that flipping are.

They were discussing it on CNN. Using an example of Jill Stein in 2016 who asked for a recount in Wisconsin it only accounted for like a very small difference like a couple of votes. A recount won't change someone ahead by 30,000 votes.

13 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Fox and AP called Arizona last night for Biden. It’s really just Republican Twitter and Fox News that are making it sound questionable. 

Looking good in Michigan. 

Thanks.

So if Biden does indeed have AZ, and holds onto both WI and MI, he would only need any one of the states left to get to 270.

Just now, marioandsonic said:

Thanks.

So if Biden does indeed have AZ, and holds onto both WI and MI, he would only need any one of the states left to get to 270.

Fairly certain he only absolutely needs AZ, WI, and MI.

He can lose GA, PA, and NC.

This is assuming he gets NV(which looks like Biden, but they are being stingy with the final totals) and that 2nd district vote that I believe has been definitively called for Biden.

1 minute ago, Chairslinger said:

Fairly certain he only absolutely needs AZ, WI, and MI.

He can lose GA, PA, and NC.

This is assuming he gets NV(which looks like Biden, but they are being stingy with the final totals) and that 2nd district vote that I believe has been definitively called for Biden.

NV is way too close for comfort for me right now.

• Like 1

I wonder if we'll have more states approve of the National Popular Vote Compact over the next four years?

npv_logo_225x225.png
WWW.NATIONALPOPULARVOTE.COM

Alaska Alabama Arkansas Arizona California Colorado Connecticut DC Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Iowa Idaho Illinois Indiana Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Massachusetts Maryland Maine Michigan